Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone here raves about the AGX struts for our cars, but what is the difference between them and the GR-2s. I know the AGXs are adjustable but im no weekend racer, i just want something to support coilovers. Are the GR-2s no better than stock struts(which is what ive heard from some) or are they basically the same minus the adjustable features and not to mention $50 cheaper.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
ground control coilovers work better with the AGX adjustables is what i been told and what i been hearing.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
ground control coilovers work better with the AGX adjustables is what i been told and what i been hearing.
actually the G/C go over the agx if you can afford G/C to go with agx $399 then do it if not.

buy the agx (no no on the gr2's) and get H&R springs
Don't buy eibach (pro-kit's or sportlines)

O

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, go with the AGX's

·
Registered
122 Posts
gr2

the gr2 are great struts i have them with eibach pros. one of my friends has the agx and they are awesome but he has played with the adjuster 2 times and it rides the same as mine

ps buy the eibach camber bolts

·
Registered
72 Posts
stay away from thegr2 there not made for a car thats lowered the gr2 are a stock replacement get the agx i got mine from jc whitney for 289,bout 2 years ago they have thebest price around on them

·
Registered
393 Posts
the gr2s will give you a great ride, since theyre pretty much standard equipment on a lot of vehicles... so its like dropping your car w/ stock shocks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My Friend manages a performance Shop and he has tried both AGX and GR2's. He recommends both but, he sells more of the GR2's because of the price.

I had contacted KYB and was told they will only warranty their struts on Eibach Pro-Kit 1.2" or Suspension Techniques Springs lowering no more than 1.5"

I followed their direction and my car rides just like stock but has no body roll and handles on the highway's excellent.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would go for the AGXs if I had the money. I have the GR-2s right now. The are good struts, but I still wish I had the opportunity to be able to adjust them. Yes, the AGXs are more expensive than the GR-2s, but you mainly gain adjustability and a more durable high performance strut while the GR-2 was geared for OEM specs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
SentraBoy said:
My Friend manages a performance Shop and he has tried both AGX and GR2's. He recommends both but, he sells more of the GR2's because of the price.

I had contacted KYB and was told they will only warranty their struts on Eibach Pro-Kit 1.2" or Suspension Techniques Springs lowering no more than 1.5"

I followed their direction and my car rides just like stock but has no body roll and handles on the highway's excellent.
eibach pros lower way more than 1.2 trust me i tuck rear and have 1 finger in front and the gr2s are great

1,267 Posts
No, the pro kits are 1.2 inches, and no the GR-2's are not OK with a lowered car. They are valved for stock spring rates, lowering springs have higher than stock spring rates, therefore they are not a good combination. Go ahead and think you're saving money, but when your GR2's are dead after a year and you have to replace them you've already spent more than you would have if you did it right the first time. Before I got my AGX's I got replacement stock struts and they were dead after about 6 months with the pro kits. When I say dead I mean they couldn't even hold up to the force of gravity, that's pretty bad.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My GR-2s are still working perfecly fine. However, I would trade my GR-2S for some AGXs any day. Adjustability is the main factor, plus the fact that the AGX is a high performance strut while the GR-2 is an OEM type of strut. In addition, adjustability is always good, especially when you got to use your Nissan for dates, hahaha.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Adam said:
No, the pro kits are 1.2 inches
if you would like to measure the height on my car please come and do so. the drop of the pros is about double what they say . this is my 4th set of coils and all the others said they were more but the only ones that were as much were the coil overs as for the gr2s are concerned they fell far superior to oem replacement struts. thats my 2 cents

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
not to beat a dead horse but unless you have some need to only have a 1.4in drop

GET H&R SPRINGS!!!

READ: they are stiffer than prokits and get rid of that wheel gap

(with agx of course)
O

eibach is good for their race springs but that's about it

1,267 Posts
twisted200ser said:
if you would like to measure the height on my car please come and do so. the drop of the pros is about double what they say . this is my 4th set of coils and all the others said they were more but the only ones that were as much were the coil overs as for the gr2s are concerned they fell far superior to oem replacement struts. thats my 2 cents
On my car they are 1.2 inches.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Go ahead and think you're saving money, but when your GR2's are dead after a year
Yeah he's right! After one month and not even, I've blown the brand new front Gr2's and now the ride is extremely ridiculous. I've used the Gr2's with intrax springs (2.5 in. drop) and they performed beautifully. Tried them with coilovers and they're done. Luckily, I can just exchange my struts through a friend's business. Don't use the Gr2's with coilovers or you'll be sorry.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Damn Ive got Gr2s on with Arospeed Crap coilovers and over time the ride has just got worse--Ive always blamed it on the Coils but maybe my GR2s are shot too.....

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I just took my intrax set up off my red B12 and put them on the silver one and what a ride:) After 3 years, this set up is still functional and has a nice ride height (2.5 inch drop).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I dunno if I feel to confident with Intrax..I dont know too much about them...

Im gonna go with the Tein springs and hopefully they tuck and hold good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts