Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy sentrase91 are thinking of starting a car club of us friends and i was wanting some opinions/ideas on a name for the club, and also anyone in or close to southern indiana/louisville, KY area or anyone who wants can shoot me an email or pm that want to be part of it. We will try to have meets asap either nice days now till whenever or as soon as spring hits.

those interested can email me at [email protected] or pm me. I will be looking at finding someone who will help me with a website as soon as i find someone, and get some more pics. i like the lay out of streetwise imports web site it is awesome.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Now a spec V guy
112 Posts
NKY here, but not to big on the car club thing. i think its over rated to drive around with a sticker asking the police for extra attention. but i do like to hang out and talk cars. we are having our "fall" nissan meet tomorrow in clay city at mountain park dragway. www.mpdragway.com it is car wars. i will be running slicks, hoping for a low 13 sec pass.

Brian

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Nobody will probably see this but here goes...
Tuned 200, where in northern KY are you from?
Im in Harrodsburg. (Danville area)
Anyway, I am interested in swapping a BB DET into my 91 SE-R and I was just wondering where yours came from or was installed. The closest place I know of is JGY Customs in Atkins, VA.

Wish I could have seen you at Clay City. I used to go up there all the time with my cousins. But I never saw any nissans though.

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i'm in lexington, as well as se-r sam. if your ever up here give us a call. or if you just want to talk cars, thats fine by me! later

·
Now a spec V guy
112 Posts
www.jgycustoms.com is where my motor came from. the install was somewhat easy, but not a walk in the park. Jason is good at what he does, and i would recomend him to my parents(if they ever wanted a bb det).

anyway, we are having a meet in cincinnati ohio dec 28th at 2 pm at dave and busters. here is the link http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31808 hope to see a huge turnout. pm me if you need directions

Brian

P.S. offering rides in the 200 for $5 J/K

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
That figures. Im leaving for Charlotte on the 27th.

jgycustoms sounds like the most logical place. But I do have a few questions. Did you have any transmission work done or just the swap? I was also wondering about the ecu/wiring harness. If I need to find them or if they take care of it. How long did it take?
And if its not too personal, how much did it all end up costing?

Im sorry if I sound like a 5 year old repeatedly asking questions.
And I wouldnt pay $5 for a ride. But I would give $10 for a test drive.

·
Now a spec V guy
112 Posts
i was just kidding about the $5 rides. i have a jwt ecu, 550-600, bb det, 1700-1850, act heavy duty clutch, 300, full 2.5 inch exhaust, 500, fmic, 100(carx pipe), test pipe, and a few others. going basic drop in and go, your looking at 2800 or so with stock exhaust.

my tranny has been welded for strength. cost me 145 to have it done. let me know if you need any more info

Brian

pm me your email and i will send you some pics

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
thanks for the info. I would probably go with the clutch and tranny work. I already have a 2.5" exhaust. Did they (jgy) get the ecu for you or did you get it directly from JWT?

Have you had any problems with anything?

·
Now a spec V guy
112 Posts
jgy got the ecu for me as well. come up to our meet tomorrow, we have people comming from west virginia and kokomo, indiana. hope you can make it, and i will try to get some good pice tomorrow and email them to you,

Brian

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
I would love to. But im in Charlotte North Carolina now. I wont be back in KY until Jan 1st. That sux.

·
Now a spec V guy
112 Posts
it was a good meet, with a few elders of the sr20 community showing up. i will try to get pics today, it was cold out yesterday.

Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts