Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is wrong with Kumho there tires suck so bad...... i bought a set one month and buy the end of 3 weeks they were blad completly worn evenly across.. i never once spun the tires and did any crazy turns or hit the brakes hard..

i took one trip to NC 8 hour round trip and wow there they were bald... pieces of crap.. so I called kumho dealer here and they siad that my car wasnt aligned i was like it is and I have the specs to prove it .. i had the car aligned the day i boght the tires buy a computer.

so they said i spun them i was like nope they said i drove to hard i was like nope ...

they said it was my fault anyways and said they wont grant the warrenty
i was like wtf.......

what should i do?

my tires are bald and im almost broke

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Hmm, I have had my Kumhos on since December or so, and there's still plenty of tread left, and my alignment is a little out of whack. Maybe your tires were a fluke?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried to tell them that too but they gave me the cold shoulder
also the tires got real hot and sticky .... like more sticker than a normal tire ... actually reminded me of the nascar tires.

and my dad siad the compound was too soft and looks like race compound

they were kumho ecsta or whatever lol

suppose tobe a touring tire.

that junk would get big rocks stuck in it too.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
What size and speed rating?

Mine were fine (9k, one track event) until it got hot outside. Then the tread just seemed to evaporate. I went from 1/2 tread to practically none in about four weeks. Even wear, align in spec.
Just daily driving, less than a thousand miles.

I have 205/50 15 712s in W speed rate. These tires are also available in V speed. Don't know what the diff is between the two.

My next tires are going to be S03s.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are 205/40/R16

the speed rating i cannot remmeber but it was like 140mphhttp://www.kumhotireusa.com/pages/pcr/711.htm

that is like what i had not called that though.

anyways they shouldnt have worn so quick because for one thing when they wore down and got so sticky it had been raining and was still raining all day

·
Driver
736 Posts
What are they called? If they're the V700 or victoracer then they are R compound tires, which aren't meant to be driven daily because they're so soft. If they're 712s, maybe you can wait a few months and then call about the warranty again so it seems like it's at least been a while that you've had the tires, and then they went bald.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dropped89 said:
what is wrong with Kumho there tires suck so bad...... i bought a set one month and buy the end of 3 weeks they were blad completly worn evenly across.. i never once spun the tires and did any crazy turns or hit the brakes hard..
Were all 4 tires worn badly?

What are your alignment specs?

How did they remind you of NASCAR tires?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I only had the kumhos on the front I have bfgoodriches on the back that have ben on the back for a year and a half now.

I have the spec sheet if anyone wants to see it. plus i went back to have pepboys check out the algnment and they said it was fine.

I do photography during the nascar races and get full pit passes to anywhere in the raceway so if you have ever seen a nascar tire after being run there hot sticky and have shit all stuck in them..

thats why i said they reminded me of nascar.

everyone sais aligment but its been checked twice its inline..

the camber is fine too.
even if i was out of alignment they should have not worn blad in two weeks and when i say bald i meen absolutly no tread evenly across ...

i just dont get it.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Man thats weird. I have a set of 712's on my car. They have a lower tread wear rating than your 711's(280 vs.320). I have run them for almost 2 summers now. One summer with way too much negative camber and slightly messed up toe, and this summer with about -1.1deg camber and decent toe. My tires are still in pretty good shape. I almost think maybe you may have got a bad set. BTW what were you running for air pressures?? Did you check your air psi often??? Since I am a car tech I would like to see that alignment spec sheet. Id like to help you figure this out.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
hmmm...my friend had 711's on the rear of his car and they wore out in no time. but he drove the hell out of them...burnouts, kicking it sideways, etc. but if you did nothing to abuse them..it could have just been a bad set??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok this is really erking me ... i called kumho and all they give me is sir there isnt any mileage warranty on these.. he said because there ultra high performance i was like no htere not you have them listed under just high performance section and they say they good for LONG MIALEAGE... i need to talk to someone higher they make it so hard

DIE KUMHO DIE! I want to set my tires on fire and throw them into there factory building and set them all on fire lol
thats how i feel right now!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dropped89 said:
ok I only had the kumhos on the front I have bfgoodriches on the back that have ben on the back for a year and a half now.
Put the BFG's on the front and see if the tires turn out the same way. I have a hard time believing that the Kumhos are the problem. There are a number of things that I would look at if my tires were like that (tie rod end links, control arms, wheel bearings, etc) before blaming the tires. Between me, my girlfriend and a couple friends, we have bought a whole lot of Kumhos over the years and never had problems with abnormal wear. Victoracers, Ecsta V700s, 712s ...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
most of those parts you named are brand new on my car and like i said its been checked out and all everything is straight on the car.
Touring Tires dont get that hot nor sticky and definatly are not that soft.

i would like to put the bfgoodriches on the front but the kumhos are alread blad so i need to buy new tires either way.

also it shouldnt be so hard to beleive that a company that treats there customers like crap will give you crap.

Im glad you have good results with them I havnt.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dude, those are race tires. They are not street Kumhos. The street ones have a deep rain channel in the center, those you showed us, do not. Please take a better picture of the tire. A good over all picture would be the best.

·
Registered
32 Posts
eric96ser said:
Dude, those are race tires. They are not street Kumhos. The street ones have a deep rain channel in the center, those you showed us, do not. Please take a better picture of the tire. A good over all picture would be the best.
What he said. :D Those look a lot like the Ecsta V700s (R-compound sticky tires).

1 - 20 of 85 Posts