Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to buy some new rims, they come with Kuhmo 711s. I remember over at the b15sentra.net forums they was some complaints that they were going bald premature. Anyone else have any trouble with these tires? should I upgrade to the 712s?

·
Registered
126 Posts
kumho sucks!! stay away. I had 712s and they tore apart. They were low profile but still.. they destroyed a bumper and 2 wheels. It's not worth it!!! Spend the extra money to get a better, longer lasting tire.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Kumho is garbage...
I'm no expert but, I've had a set of Yokohama Parada Spec 2s for a bout half a yr. and they are great...
Handle like crazy

G

·
kuhmo are fine, ive had three sets, i would not suggest running any tire lower than 3/32 tread to start with and i would guess you wouldn't have problems with them blowing out, i have noticed that kuhmos balance funny sometimes but for the money they're the best traction for the buck

·
Banned
395 Posts
the reason tires bald prematurely is because dudes dont have the proper psi pressure on their tires.....this can happen to any tires...i have th 711's and they are great

btw, platinum200, have u ever had kumho's?

G

·
i have 712's on my nissan, and 711's on my bmw and none of them are cupped or have any mis-wear, the 712's are a little quieter if that matters to you but other than that they're about the same. treadwear isn't worse than any other brand of a similar tire, just run 711's so if you burn of the fronts they're cheap to replace too :)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
MY Kuhmos are great Ive had them on for almost a yr and they still look good...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kuhmo's are the best bang for your buck. Put a yokohama spec 2 next to one of those and your right there is a pretty big difference. But the price is a little different also. I have the 711's on my car and they are great all around tires. I went [email protected] on them at 32psi of tire pressure. Traction wasnt that bad and the tires I must say are nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts