Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 93 sentra (120,000 miles) ive been noticing a knocking or clicking under moderate to hard acceleration i just started to notice it after i did an oil change last week. any idea on what this could be?

:cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
wack said:
on my 93 sentra (120,000 miles) ive been noticing a knocking or clicking under moderate to hard acceleration i just started to notice it after i did an oil change last week. any idea on what this could be?

It's likely that your oil has drained through the rest of the motor after a week of use and you can put in another half to full quart. This should stop your clicking. Check your dipstick first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bit of an update: the noise is like somthing knocking around (imagine a bolt being thrown on a soft wood table), and it seem to be coming from around where the drivers side wheel is my first thought would be somthing in the suspension but i cant see or find anyhting that would cause this.

p.s oil level is good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
mine does that whenever I have my foot on the gas. it's like a rattle, pretty annoying too. according to my mechanic, it's an engine bearing.

I threw some lucas oil treatment in there, and it does a good job shutting it up. the motor runs strong at 143,000, so I don't really have the desire to get it fixed. I was given an estimate of over $2000.

that's kind of a hard thing to narrow down though. this is just what causes mine to do that.

Dan

·
Registered
155 Posts
wack said:
bit of an update: the noise is like somthing knocking around (imagine a bolt being thrown on a soft wood table), and it seem to be coming from around where the drivers side wheel is my first thought would be somthing in the suspension but i cant see or find anyhting that would cause this.

p.s oil level is good.

Check your bushings and your axles. Axles are more like a clicking noise though. Yeah check your bushings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
noticed some grease around the narrow side of the cv boot, also i can slide it around with my hand (the side futhest from the wheel) maybe its time for a new one? or should i just remove it re-grease and strap on again (the boot itself doesnt look broken)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts