Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I didnt know where to look for this on here and I did a search and could not find it. I found a '88 300zx that is in fair condition. Enough for us to play with. But it said it had a knocking rod? No clue what that is. Someone please inform me! Thanks kids!

*~*lara*~*

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Tee hee kids;) Your car is older than you too. So don't be going on and spouting like that;)

Naw just playin, BUT

Are you sure he said knocking rod? If that's so, a major rebulid is in order. Now if it's ticking lifters that's pretty normal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. My car is older than me. Im learning. Im only 17 and female. So I think Im doing pretty well for myself. :) But yea...he said knocking rod. Thanks for the info. Thats prolly why he only wanted 800 for it. But me and a friend thought itd be an awesome fix up. I have a 83 280zx that I am in love with! I have a pic of it on here somewhere that I need to find. Its in wonderful condition with only

Thanks again
*~*lara*~*

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Or a 350 chevy........a knocking rod? what about a knocking valve? Dont let these guys know if its automatic or not .....theyll rip you a new one:)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Nismo1997 said:
were can i buy a knocking rod from? :thumbup:
As funny as that is lol;)

It wasn't needed.

SBC Z..... What has the world came to:(

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
As funny as that is lol;)

It wasn't needed.

SBC Z..... What has the world came to:(
Big V8s with gobs of power. Get a ride in one and your prospective will change in a heart beat. Though I would rather have an SBC 260 or 280.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Big V8s with gobs of power. Get a ride in one and your prospective will change in a heart beat. Though I would rather have an SBC 260 or 280.
Take a ride in my Z, and your perspective will change. I've left a lot of V8s in my mirrors at the track. Including a 280 with an SBC. ;)

EDIT: Sorry JamesZ, thought I was talking to Todd for a minute. Nevermind. ;)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
If I had a SBC in a Z (first it would be a 280) it would HAVE to be supercharged..

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Take a ride in my Z, and your perspective will change. I've left a lot of V8s in my mirrors at the track. Including a 280 with an SBC. ;)

EDIT: Sorry JamesZ, thought I was talking to Todd for a minute. Nevermind. ;)
Line up next to my Z and ummmm oh wait line up to it when it runs again. Of course it is still going to be a VG30ET.

I'd like to pick up a slicktop and drop an LS1 with a T56 in it.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Line up next to my Z and ummmm oh wait line up to it when it runs again. Of course it is still going to be a VG30ET.

I'd like to pick up a slicktop and drop an LS1 with a T56 in it.
Well, you know how I feel about cross swapping. Remember that huge fight I had with wtf was his name.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow. and i thought i got off subject easily. but! i have a 280zx that i love and i am currently in the process of finding an engine to put in it. mine runs fine. i just want more power. like every one else.

*~*lara*~*

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
hsvblondie428 said:
wow. and i thought i got off subject easily. but! i have a 280zx that i love and i am currently in the process of finding an engine to put in it. mine runs fine. i just want more power. like every one else.

*~*lara*~*
Yeah we do that sometimes. For the 280ZX I would just suggest an L28ET swap. For the Z31 if your not worried about power another VG30E can be had very cheap, and a VG30ET swap wouldn't cost much more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0341TODD said:
Or a 350 chevy........a knocking rod? what about a knocking valve? Dont let these guys know if its automatic or not .....theyll rip you a new one:)

And why would I buy an automatic...I may be young and female..but Im not stupid :)

*~*lara*~*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts