Nissan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
i took my car to the tire shop this morning to get my tires switched around and they said the lugs were loose. i didnt even think about mentioning the knocking. could loose lugs be the sourse of the knocking?
I know a guy who had to pay the dealership $80 to tell him the lug nuts were loose. He took it in cause he thaught the axles or cv joints were bad and it and were still under warrenty, well extended warrenty. The deductable was $150.
So the moral of this lil story is, if your suspension is knocking check the lug nuts 1st, and also extented warrenties are worthless. I almost felt bad for the poor bastid, but I told him to bring it by my house before he took it in and did he NO.

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
I know a guy who had to pay the dealership $80 to tell him the lug nuts were loose. He took it in cause he thaught the axles or cv joints were bad and it and were still under warrenty, well extended warrenty. The deductable was $150.
So the moral of this lil story is, if your suspension is knocking check the lug nuts 1st, and also extented warrenties are worthless. I almost felt bad for the poor bastid, but I told him to bring it by my house before he took it in and did he NO.
I agree with ya there. My mom always pays a shop to do even the simple stuff. I get on her case about it cuz all she has to do is ask me. She had the CEL come on on her 97 Quest a few weeks ago and schedule it to goto a shop but asked me to check it in the mean time like fluids and stuff. I cleaned the points on the dist. cap and the rotor, clean the IACV, and reset the ecu. No more CEL. She was gonna pay a shop a crapload of money for stuff that took me maybe 30 mins. I told her to check with me from then on before going to a shop.

Mitch

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
I would charge her.....
haha. nah. Someone else maybe but I do it to help my parents cuz they could use the saved money. Besides, I like working on cars and it gives me something to do.

Mitch

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
sentra97gxe said:
haha. nah. Someone else maybe but I do it to help my parents cuz they could use the saved money. Besides, I like working on cars and it gives me something to do.

Mitch
Your favorite meal would be a great payment.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts