3,554 Posts
Shouldn't have been going that fast...

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
kutrecords2005 said:
oh yeah stay away from goodyear tires lol thats what i had on the rear
and they werent old
Tires don't just fail like that usually. I would think you would be at fault for most likely poor maintanence. And if you were driving to fast go get a civic and keep it stock.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Tires don't just fail like that usually. I would think you would be at fault for most likely poor maintanence. And if you were driving to fast go get a civic and keep it stock.

And then take out 2 spark plugs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i was doing 65 in a 45 and the tires were a month old
so there is the answer to the replies

let me tell you i will run right out and buy a civic and umm not mod it

but heres the story the passenger side rear tire blew and it was wet out and it kicked the car sideways off the road was no controlling that but anyways once it went onto the muddy shoulder it just kept on going......you all talk like im sum 16 yr old noob car driver when in actuallity i have built and raced many cars ( including an 810 hp small block chevy ) that i was somehow at fault for having one of my new tires fail and not being able to control my car
in the mud. lol thanx for the support , anyways like i said im buying another z
this week and wil be back on the road :loser:

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
we get tires of all brands back from the shops we sell to that have some kind of manufacturers defect from cheapo nankangs through pirelli corsas asymetrics meant for right and left side that are $200 something a piece.........but one thing you may want to make sure of is that when they bead your tires they dont ruin the seat...next time you should watch them.........just tell whatever shop you go too that you had tires go out on you and you want to make sure theyre ok. Alot of blow outs arent due to manufacturers defects......95 percent are the fault of the installing shop........just a little info for you guys:)

Goodyear is still a good manufacturer, Im going to have to defend that one....Im really going to agree with Jamesz and ask if you were checking the pressure once a week? You may have had something in it too....

Regardless.....that really sucks that you lost your car.....I dont know what I would do if I lost my Z...I would be heartbroken man! I really hope you find another one!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Yes like Todd said they might've not totally sealed the bead. I have the same problem with my Z and was losing 10 lbs. in 3 days. I took the tire off put it back on. Worked great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts