Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 95 200sx SE and i want to get a SR20DE to work on and instal in my car. Most of these engines i have seen in good shape have been around 650-750 dollars. For the engine below, how much would it cost to fix whats wrong with it and how hard would it be? Would it be worth it to buy it and work on it as a project? Or just buy an engine that isnt broke? I pretty much can fix whatever needs fixing i think, im pretty knowledgable about cars and working on them and have friends that know alot of stuff. Thanks

96 SR20DE, Bad #3 Rod Bearing. No Time to fix, Crank needs resurfacing in #3 position. Great project motor, replacement or spare for someone. Has 92 Intake and Exhaust Cams. Compression Checked at 172/172/171/172. Strong Motor, Runs Clean. No Burning Oil or Leaks.. 78K Miles on it; only used Mobile 1. Orlando Florida. $300 OBO Plus Shipping.

S

·
0 Posts
I would say it depends on what youre ultimate goal is. Do you plan to add a turbo or go n/a? If youre going to go turbo it would be good to buy a used one since youre probably going to have to get new pistons and rods for the turbo if you want to run a lot of boost. If youre going n/a or plan to add nitrous I would just buy a new one. Then you can focus on getting the bolt on parts i.e header, intake, cai etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...

thanks for the info.. i do plan on adding a turn probably in the first quarter of next year. About how much do you think it would be to replace that # 3 rod bearring, and resurface that cam at the # 3 piston? Never worked on a nissan so not sure of prices or difficulty, so some pricing would help.

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
in the last few posts it has been said that you can get a used jdm engine for around $450 don't get a car with a thrown rod unless you are the type that has a lot of time on your hands.

O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts