Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,600 Posts
Man, I have a 91 nx- with a 1.6- I dont have a speed limiter- it runs all the way to redline and so does the se-r doesnt it? You shouldnt be going that fast anyways man, but you could always buy an APEXI RSM. I have one and itll cancel out your speed limiter, plus itll even cook you damn dinner. I dont have that function hooked up b/c theres no need- I wanna live through college:) If youre getting beat by a 95hp storm man, there is something wrong though.

· Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You shouldnt be going that fast anyways man, but you could always buy an APEXI RSM.
Ahhhhhh....thanks for the heads up mom...

If you are running your car all the way to the redline is cause you're stuck is 3rd gear...
My tranny is a 4 speed... I top out at 114mph at 5100rpm.

I'd be doing 150 mph if it would go all the way to the red-line...:rolleyes:

BTW: I did'nt know that 110mph is this outrageous, break-neck speed.... I do these things in safe locations...like my neighborhood roads...:p No highways...too cop infested...

I do live in east jesus though.... It's like 3 miles to my favorite balls out back-road....

· Sentra E+Boost=WET PANTS
700 Posts
i have a speed limiter...i have an idea.

Uhhh hey! Im new to this system of sending messages so due give all ur honest thoughts and critizium(i dont know how to spell it)

I have a 94 sentra model E 5speed. ga16. K&N filter...bone stock. 230,000 miles on it and all that went wrong is 4 broken trans screws and exhuast leek from the CAT. My car is limited @ 119 during the day and one night(rather cool night if air-temp makes a difference) 124-126. i redline @ 6800 in first and 2nd, 3rd @ 6200, and 4 till i hit that damn speed limited @ 5500. that leaves me with another gear and about another 7200rpm's to work up my speed. wtf! i havent tryed to yet but on my trans there is this little gear pinion(looking from the top of the car directly under the throttle body, in the back on top of the trans. you cant miss it) thats gotta be the key to reaching top speeds. it goes back to the ecu, and is one of the few little sensors on my trani with i dont know what it does. i dont have the arodynamics to go much faster or the power to want to race anyone after 3rd gear. for my car its not safe. high center of gravity, little tires, unsave highways, low hp, bad undercar air displacement, ****** ass hp's and cops...dumb ass drunk driver. haha...tyr that. b safe hagasan

· Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
125mph...Damn man...that's flying...LOL

I might try that...I'm jealous though... I'd give my left nut for that 5 speed gearbox...:p

I'll defenitally let you guys know when I finnaly by-pass that elusive SPED limiter...

700 Posts
WANT TO FREE UP HP THAT NOT GOING TO THE WHEELS...try some new "bolt offs"

HEY HEY HEY.

I got a trick for all car owners, its been around for a long ass time but people choose not to use it. dont ask me y, i only buy cars that are already ready for it.

Free up horse power in a few hours: Not a wise decision this month but maybe in the fall.....pull your whole a/c unit out of your car. Cooler, compresser, hoses and all. free up 30 lbs. and all the hp your car has to put out to turn that damn compressor when your not using it, its now going to the trans...the crank is now thanking you for that load off its back. if you take it even farther find a model E sentra and take its non powerstearing unit and swap it to ur car. take the power stearing and all off, set it too the side till you want to sell ur car. watch ur car give you another "thank you" card. how bout this...never plan to put them back on. go but a power pully from one of these places on the net www.nopionline.com or whatever the phuck. they say the billet allunium pully weighs 5lbs less or whatever than a stock pully, make it even lighter by shaving the part of it pully where the a/c blet and powerstearing belt goes...that makes the already light pully even lighter....your cars is now gonna do you a big ass favor, its gonna fool every rice boy @ the track when you pop the hood after a race. "im telling you! it only has a K&N filter!" yet ur freeing up all this horse power from your stock ass motor. i race and beat performance hondas all day. ive murdered gsr's with basic bolt ons and ive been murdered myself. intake headers and exhaust on just about any n/a 4 cylinder cant hang with my sentra till about the top of 3rd.(that about how long any race lasts with me) turbos...pshhhh....jetta 1.8t's dont want to see me, late 80's 300t, dont want it either, se-r 2.0...haha only after 3rd......wanna know more "bolt off" hp gains....let me know, or if you have any yourself...due share.

· FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,600 Posts
thats what the hell im talking about damnit:D thats some funny shit man- pull all that crap off the motor, total sleeper, now all you need is a 75 shot hidden with some black paint and wire loom, youll blow though doors off any damn geo that wants it. Hagasan, you should really listen to that maxpower guy- Hes got his shit together. You still shouldnt be driving that fast on those baldass tires though, Mommy says so- 4 speed or no four speed

· Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I ain't worried about the tires...it's the complete lack of damping on all four corners...:(

I have been living with out an A/C unit for a long long time now...My SENTRA is the first car that actually has a WORKING A/C...I ain't giving that up...

My car has no power-steering allready...:D Like I said my SENTRA is the BASE model...the only thing it's got is the AC + Radio...that's it...no thrills...no whistles...

· Registered
4 Posts
I believe int he ecu there is a wire that you can cut and hardwire to a circuit. If the nissan ecus are all the same then they are all rev limiters and the only way to bypass the rev limited is by cutting the wire which is internal in the ecu. You will have to hardwire it to a switch to bypass the cel that will go off after 5 minutes. Its hard to explain but I am sure if you search maxima.org regarding this you will find something similar. that is all the advice I can give you except that speeding in a classic over 115 is not fun without some suspension and braking mods. :eek:

· Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
418 Posts
buckwilly said:
.... speeding in a classic over 115 is not fun without some suspension and braking mods. :eek:
i agree! or AT LEAST some wider rubber!

· Registered
631 Posts
My 90 b12 doesn't have a speed limiter I believe and I can only make it up to 105 about mph and this is far from the redline. You know why I can't go faster? The aerodynamics of the car, head winds etc. If you car does have a speed limiter, which some doubt, then oh well you got beat by a geo who cares, but if it doesn't your car probably can't handle going any faster, and if the engine shuts off when you get that high that usually isn't the indication of a speed limiter, that's just dangerous and maybe you should take it as a hint that your car just can't handle going that fast.

700 Posts
uhhhhh....

out in california we refure to the "speedlimiter" as the "Governer." its in the speed sensor...i spoke with several people out here and they said its that gear in the trans. called the speed sensor(its visibal from the trans. directly under the intake manifold, like i said b4)....you have to take off the sensor...but also override your computer. when you take the speed sensor out its gonna give you hella problems, or so im told, with the cars idle and hp output @ different RPMs. they said if you just disconnect the connector wires from the sensor, the loss of horsepower, or cars power produced will not allow you to get up to speed higher than you are limited....auto or standard! DUDE...its seems the only option is for you is to now spend money...take ur car to a transmission shop have them fix up the speed sensor/ change the governer, or get you a programable ecu. that all i can say.

· Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
My 90 b12 doesn't have a speed limiter I believe and I can only make it up to 105 about mph and this is far from the redline. You know why I can't go faster? The aerodynamics of the car, head winds etc. If you car does have a speed limiter, which some doubt, then oh well you got beat by a geo who cares, but if it doesn't your car probably can't handle going any faster, and if the engine shuts off when you get that high that usually isn't the indication of a speed limiter, that's just dangerous and maybe you should take it as a hint that your car just can't handle going that fast.
errrrrrrrrrrr.....ok...will do...:rolleyes:

The car has a speed limiter...as soon as I get a job and can freely break things in my car...I will find out how to disable it.

maxpower559...thanks for your suggestions. That's what I'm pretty much planning to do. First try the gearbox trick...then see what happends. The reason I don't want to buy a ECU is because they are like $500...my car cost me $800....:D

G

·
I will say first of all i know nothing about sentra's, but here's what I think YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC and that's whats keeping you from going faster. I have an auto 240sx and i've raced people with 5spds and they can reach higher speeds then me (not very significant, but 5-10 mph faster). Why are you racing a low end sentra against a Geo for anyway? That shit is weak. Leave the racing for the race cars.....

· Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It's a 4 speed MANUAL....

As for the other comment...just 'cause I'm broke and can't afford a racecar doesn't mean I don't want to have fun too... :D

G

·
well if its a 4 speed manual your going to have different gear ratios then if it were a 5spd, thus I still believe the problem is in your transmission and not the speed limiter.

having fun doesn't need to be going 110+ in a sentra that wasn't meant to go over 80. drive your car how it was designed to be driven, otherwise your shits going to get messed up and then you'll not only be broke, but with out a car ;)

· Banned
160 Posts
well if its a 4 speed manual your going to have different gear ratios then if it were a 5spd, thus I still believe the problem is in your transmission and not the speed limiter.
...and I believe that you don't know what your talking about...

People stop giving me lessons on how I should drive MY ******* car...OK? Get over it...

This is not a "Should I drive my senrta over 100mph?" post...
So please leave your "expert" opinions to someone who cares...'cause I don't...:rolleyes:

Cheers...

700 Posts
you tell those fuckers hagasan

so what stock b13 platforms arent able to handle very high speed. do we look like we care....y dont you take ur little drifting 240sx's and 300...and go talk about how much boost ur gonna run during ur next race....we drive sentra! not sports cars, not race cars...we are trying to make them somethign there not so stop killing dreams or better yet.."stop eating ur own shit!" A big part of racing is death and distruction. engines blow....cars crash...ppl die. its a part of life...even without racing. cars do thing they were never meet to do....just let that shit happen. congradulate or player hate later, but AFTER our time comes.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.