Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have hard shifting from first to second for years now so i read about adjusting kick down cable and wondering so how do you adjust it and what specs or whatever for it to be set correctly ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BTW: do this with the ignition off engine not running
also,when i done this i felt it click under my finger three times so it must have been a bit out of adjustment although after adjustment the exposed cable to throttle felt the same with slack and tension,weird
i test drove it with engine cold and once fully warmed up from driving on hwy... all good whole time

·
Registered
1 Posts
BTW: do this with the ignition off engine not running
also,when i done this i felt it click under my finger three times so it must have been a bit out of adjustment although after adjustment the exposed cable to throttle felt the same with slack and tension,weird
i test drove it with engine cold and once fully warmed up from driving on hwy... all good whole time
Hi Fattie, can you repost your data on the downshift adjustments? I was replacing the engine on my granddaughters truck and the downshift got pulled loose when I lifted the engine and I am having a hard time finding out were to put it back at. Thanks (Tried to watch video but you tube had removed it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts