Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info for hooking up keyless in a b14? Also who makes good keyless kits for out cars?

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
Actually, I bought an alarm about a year ago at Circuit City, by a company called "Rattler" and that seems to work pretty well. I paid about $150 (installed) for keyless entry, and starter kill...not a bad deal. Check around at places like Best Buy (woo hoo! I love workin there!), as well as some other local electronics places...shop around, you'll find somethin :D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
well.. another good brand is autoloc.

they make one of the better aftermarket gear.

especially for alarms , keyless and alot of other stuff too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to have it installed and it shouldn't be that hard as far as wiring because of cars come with the places to hook up keyless. I just don't want some car alarm shop cutting wires and messing things up.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
James said:
does your car come with power door locks to begin with? if it does it'll be much easier, if not get the autoloc solenoids and do some drilling and you should be able to set it up pretty easily...
I think she does, under car it says "96 GXE" The GXE package came with Power Windows and Power Door Locks. take it from a GXE owner :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car has powerlocks

SoMissSentra does not equal female.

SoMissSentra=Southern Mississippi Sentra.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
I wonder, if you dont have the keyless entry thing, can you add it on there through a seperate alarm package??
hm...*scratches head*

From what I understand the B14 Sentra did not come from the factory with keyless entry as an option, that was saved for all the other models. If you already have an aftermarket alarm, but without keyless entry (beats me why you shouldn't have one w/it), there should be a way to add on to your current alarm system to add in keyless/remote entry. I know with my alarm, I can add in an option to pop my trunk...I'm hoping I understood you correctly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have an alarm or keyless. I was just asking how hard it would be to install. There a already places to tap into a fuse box marked KEYLESS, so apparently some came with keyless as an option.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's ok, Maybe I should change my name or put something about that in my sig

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard...I'm not electrically inclined at all. :p Though I was very pleased with the work that Circuit City did with my car...most of their guys know what they are doing.

You can purchase an alarm/keyless entry system through Crutchfield.com, and they will actually send you install directions, as well as the adapter parts needed to set everything up. They also, from what I understand have awesome tech support. You may want to check there. :)

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
the reason for having a "keyless" spot in the relay box is for manufacturing costs, and also get an alarm/keyless from a stable brand and model, don't get one that will be here today, but gone tomorrow..............you'll need parts later on........

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I'm going to look a Cruthfield since they seem to have good support and they give you the diagrams and harnesses that you need.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was looking at Crutchfield's site....What about remote start? They didn't have that listed anywhere I could see but I may want to get that too.......I was considering getting that $200 alarm because it comes with everything and I want to add 4 window up or down and remote start.

·
Registered
339 Posts
SoMissSentra said:
I was looking at Crutchfield's site....What about remote start? They didn't have that listed anywhere I could see but I may want to get that too.......I was considering getting that $200 alarm because it comes with everything and I want to add 4 window up or down and remote start.
Car alarms/Keyless entry systems are not all that hard to install. You do not need any additional harnesses for an alarm install. Pretty much everything you need will come in the box.

As far as the wiring diagram goes...I can get you one of those (email me if you need one). If you have never installed an alarm or keyless entry system before...I wouldn't advise you to tackle such a job such as remote start. You can really do some damage to your vehicle if you tap into the wrong wires.

Also, keep in mind that an alarm system will only be as good as it's installation. You could have a $1000 alarm...but if it is not installed correctly, it will perform no better than than a $20 alarm. The only tools you will need to install an alarm is a multi-meter (to test the current of the wires BEFORE you tap into them), wire strippers, solder/soldering gun and/or crimpers and crimps.

I really don't think that a $200 alarm will have remote start, control 4 window, etc. etc. etc. You will more than likely need an additional module to control your windows. It really is a pretty cool function though.

I would highly recommend any DEI (Directed Electronics, Inc.) alarm system. I have plenty of experience w/ these alarms (I am not saying that they ARE the best...simply one of the best), and I have yet to have any problems with them. I have a Viper800ESP alarm on my car w/ remote start (manual tranny:p ), glass breakage sensor, independant front and rear window control, I can turn on my neons, my radio, and just about anything else I have in my car on with my remote, backup battery, Nitelight (headlight activation w/ remote), and tilt sensor...and it all works flawless).

If you do have any questions, comments, or concerns...drop me a line...I'll be more than happy to help out

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
YOU Rang?

Heres the deal , I just installed myself a Starter kit that remote starts and stops the car, Remote Entry, Remote and Trunk realease. From Bulldog Securites, it came with the kit , remote , wiring harness, relays, and videotape showing the wires, how to make the conections, color of wires, and everything, the wireing kit for your car shows up below. it took me an hour and a half , if you want to see the diagram yourself go to
and look it up yourself, it atleast gives you the info of the color of the wires in your car but the video helped a ton ,did i mention i have all this for only 60$ , i bought it at Meijer grocerie store but its at walmart for 44$ and it works at 400ft away, it works from my bassement, and i have it set to turn itself on for ten minutes every 3 hours, if it gets 20 degrees, you can set the run time up to 25 mins, and it can be set to a temp of 2 cold temp settings, and 2 hot temperature settings, its good and it turns itself off if you forget to go to the car of just dont make it and no one can steal the car even if the door is unlocked, because it turns off when you touch the brake peddle, its nice and its worth the money , you should do it yourself its not hard and our cars ar easy to work on under there, the hardest wire is the brake wire, but a little gymnastics laying upsidedown in the seat never hurt me. Good luck, and my orginal keyless remote works with it , and the remotes are replaceable, oh and if you dont want the trunk release , you can use it for your sun roof or power windows. and thats the end of my novel , Good Luck

Manufacturer: Nissan

SENTRA 1996

WIRE COLOR LOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANT WHT/RED IGN HARNESS
IGNITION 1 BLK/RED IGN HARNESS
IGNITION 2 N/A IGN HARNESS
IGNITION 3 N/A N/A
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BLK/PNK IGN HARNESS
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 NA N/A
STARTER BLK/WHT IGN HARNESS
STARTER 2 BLK/BLU IGN HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS RED/BLU(+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH