Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 95 Sentra XE that has an aftermarket Keyless Entry system on it. The only problem is that it doesnt work :p

My lights will flash and it will make the tone that its unlocking but the doors dont do anything. It doesnt have power locks so i dont know if that has anything to do w/ it. I bought it from a dealer and he said it had keyless entry but the batteries were dead on the remote so i sorta beleived him... I figured it wouldnt work but ohh well cause its still a nice car. Well i got a new battery for it and like i said it doesnt work. I was just wondering what the problem might be and how i could fix it so that it will work. It would be nice to be able to lock all my doors w/out manually locking each individual one.

Ohh btw my keyless entry is made by Avital... i think... thats at least the model of the entry remote. I dont know what model it is w/out pulling the dash panel and looking and i'm not in the mood to do that right now.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
hmm.......well...
if you dont have powerlocks....you can't have keyless entery.
The remote that you got is probobly for the shitty ass factory alarm thats why your lights blink. (Avital used to be owned by DEI back in earlyl 90s, cheap ..very cheap...alarm, very easy to bypass, came as an option of Alarm or Alarm/Keyless entry on B14s)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Omega3k1 said:
I recently got a 95 Sentra XE that has an aftermarket Keyless Entry system on it. The only problem is that it doesnt work :p

My lights will flash and it will make the tone that its unlocking but the doors dont do anything. It doesnt have power locks so i dont know if that has anything to do w/ it. I bought it from a dealer and he said it had keyless entry but the batteries were dead on the remote so i sorta beleived him... I figured it wouldnt work but ohh well cause its still a nice car. Well i got a new battery for it and like i said it doesnt work. I was just wondering what the problem might be and how i could fix it so that it will work. It would be nice to be able to lock all my doors w/out manually locking each individual one.

Ohh btw my keyless entry is made by Avital... i think... thats at least the model of the entry remote. I dont know what model it is w/out pulling the dash panel and looking and i'm not in the mood to do that right now.

youll have to buy power lock mechanisims i think autoloc sells a kit to give you power locks check out there web site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts