Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a nissan pathfinder from what turned out to be a crappy dealership

I have had the car for a few months its a 96 with power locks and windows, My husband went to put his key in the driverside door and the key wont turn
now we have to unlock the passenger side door to get into our car.

Any advice on getting our key to turn in the driver side door to unlock it.
what should we do :(

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I recently bought a nissan pathfinder from what turned out to be a crappy dealership

I have had the car for a few months its a 96 with power locks and windows, My husband went to put his key in the driverside door and the key wont turn
now we have to unlock the passenger side door to get into our car.

Any advice on getting our key to turn in the driver side door to unlock it.
what should we do :(
Is this the first time ever inserting a key on the driver door? If so, then it's possible it's a damaged lock.

Not telling you what to do, but I'd get a whole new set of locks and keys and replace them all, if you intend to keep it for a long time. You may find a complete set at a wrecker, but the keys, you may want to ask a locksmith or dealer before hand, if they can make a key for them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The WD-40 would def be my first route. It may also may be worth a call to a locksmith to see what they could do for you. Switching all the lock cylinders is quite a job.

·
My Lil' Red Wagon
163 Posts
before u go buy locks, take the door panel apart and inspect the lock rods...they are held together by plastic clips that break and allow the rods to jam up, and then the key wont turn....the driver door on my 87 did that, i found some clips in the help section of orielly's and now it works fine..now i have to tear apart the pass door for whats most likely the same problem..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts