Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key fobs are starting to die after 13 years. Having to press harder and harder. Tried new batteries to no avail. Can they be repaired or do I search out new ones. I had a web site for replacements but lost it when my computer crashed recently.

Suggestions?

Gary

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
My key fobs are starting to die after 13 years. Having to press harder and harder. Tried new batteries to no avail. Can they be repaired or do I search out new ones. I had a web site for replacements but lost it when my computer crashed recently.

Suggestions?

Gary
Mine did this and batteries seemed Ok. I have had issues before with contacts to the button batteries becoming dirty. I put in new batteries and moved the cells around to clean the surfaces. you can also try using a spray on contact cleaner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Key Fob

I took my fob apart and cleaned it up, using contact cleaner an cotton swabs. It works better and I can get by with it but I feel I'm still missing something. I'll take it apart again with our engineer at work and see if he has any thoughts.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
I took my fob apart and cleaned it up, using contact cleaner an cotton swabs. It works better and I can get by with it but I feel I'm still missing something. I'll take it apart again with our engineer at work and see if he has any thoughts.
mine is definitely better with new batteries although the old ones tested fine on the battery tester.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts