Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this here instead of the wanted section because it's more of a question then a plea for help. Can i use a key fob from another B14 with keyless entry / alarm? My car is wired for it but i don't have the fob. The wanted part of this is, if so, how? and can sombody send me one? The dealer wanted $111 for it at a "Reduced" price, it was $135 orginally.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Terran200sx said:
I posted this here instead of the wanted section because it's more of a question then a plea for help. Can i use a key fob from another B14 with keyless entry / alarm? My car is wired for it but i don't have the fob. The wanted part of this is, if so, how? and can sombody send me one? The dealer wanted $111 for it at a "Reduced" price, it was $135 orginally.

:eek: dude they are like 10 bucks on ebay...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The procedure for reprogramming for a new remote is amusing. From the B14 FSM:

1- Get in the car and close and lock all doors
2- Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash)
At this time, the original ID codes are erased.
3- Turn the ignition key to the ACC position
4- Push any button on the new remote controller once (The hazard warning will flash)
At this time the new ID code is entered.
[OPTIONAL 4a- ADDITIONAL ID CODE ENTRY
Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch (in power window main switch). -GO TO 4-]
5- Unlock driver side door with door lock/unlock switch and open driver side door.
6- END
After entering the identity (ID) code, check the operation of the multi-remote control system

Lew

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
will a maxima remote work on a sentra or vise-versa (or altima or pathfinder, etc)? The maxima has an extra (trunk release) button that my sentra remote doesn't have. Should I just look for 1 that 'looks' exactly like mine?
yea, it might work, but i dont think so... i know a q45 remote wont work on my moms 130... but a 01 max remote will work on an 02 sentra... only way to find out is to try...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i called nissan and they said only a 200sx fob will work with a 200sx.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
thats the dealer....they want you to buy the 200sx remote. i would say if you have a friend with a max give it a go. i have a 2000 GLE max, could i try it without messing anything up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have tried an Altima fob on my 98 SE-R, doesnt work, it has the extra button for the trunk....oh well....

I have an extra fob for sale if you want, 50 bucks, I bought it from Universal Nissan in LA a few years ago, works fine on my new car, but my new car came with 2, so I dont need, let me know....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what i can tell, Pathfinder remotes from the same year set work as well (96 - 97). beethaniel, i might take you up on that offer if my other deal falls through.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Terran200sx said:
From what i can tell, Pathfinder remotes from the same year set work as well (96 - 97). beethaniel, i might take you up on that offer if my other deal falls through.
dude check ebay.. i got a b15 sentra remote for 6 bucks...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BlankgazeX said:
dude check ebay.. i got a b15 sentra remote for 6 bucks...

i did, i found one, for $20, ending in 6 days. In ebay terms, about $80 at EOA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts