Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Hell I paid $17,100 for my car.

KBB is showing an approximate Private Party Value of $16,840 !!

Sounds good to me if I was gonna try to sell my car to some idiot :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
sTICKER 29088
PAID 26 AND SOME CHANGE

KBB 23920

K

·
0 Posts
wild willy said:
sTICKER 29088
PAID 26 AND SOME CHANGE

KBB 23920
Willy whats your current mileage? I'm at 15,360 miles. I compared both an Altima SE (5SPD) $19.5k and Maxima SE (6SPD) ($22k) at the same mileage - and it looks like a 2002 Maxima owner gets an additional $2500.

I think that KBB section on the Altima needs a little work. First of all they don't have Xenon HIDs or Heated Seats/Mirrors as a check box option. They also have the Multi Compact Disc as standard, but for the Maxima Single Compact Disc is standard. The 6SPD is the Maxima default while AUTO is ours. Not that these things matter - guess I would have to select each option and see what they value them at.

Anway - for a car I paid $25.8k about a year ago and now KBB says its only worth $19.5k private party I am dissapointed. Guess the first year takes a hit and the second year things slow down a bit.

T

·
0 Posts
kbb, has never really been that acurate unless you are doing a private party sale.. for trade-in value.. they are always way off..

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I get rid of mine it will be worthless most likely, just like my Cutlass but oh well. It still looks like new and drives great.:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ratwayne said:
Three oil changes, right? You`re saving it for the next owner.:D

You got that right..I'm freaky that way

J

·
0 Posts
Well...

I bought my 3.5 13 months ago and paid $26K even for it. It's now worth $20,285 in a private party deal or $18,170 if traded it on a G35. That's about what I expected. Nissan resale is horrible, but a 22 percent 13-month hit isn't too bad for a rattly, wavy four-door family sedan with the hated 5-speed manual transmission that nobody knows how to drive and fewer want to buy.

For grins, I ran the G20 through the KBB wringer and came up with the following (we paid $20.1K back in March for the car):

Private party value: $21,060
Trade-in: $18,115

It looks like I can sell or trade the G at any time and look like a genius. As for the Altima, well, assuming the engine doesn't fall out or the doors don't do the wave on the highway and fly off, I'll be driving it for a number of years so my purchase of it won't look like a total money pit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well put JK!!!!!! I am still spankin myself for not knowing about the G earlier!

·
Friends of ours...
1,346 Posts
wild willy said:
Well put JK!!!!!! I am still spankin myself for not knowing about the G earlier!
As a former 3 time infiniti owner... WhyTF would you want an underpowered 4 banger like the G20. God awfull slow...

·
Registered
268 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
As a former 3 time infiniti owner... WhyTF would you want an underpowered 4 banger like the G20. God awfull slow...

I would not!!!!! When I said G I was referring to the G35:D That car is fargin awsome........ and no clunks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts