Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks

(Replacing Timing Belt) That sounds like a lot of Fun! Thanks for the right up.:banana: I'm going to give it a shot as soon as I can get some time off. Thought about going to the beach but this sounds so much funner!:crazy:

Wish me luck.

SOBS

·
Registered
32 Posts
Replaced Timing Belt

Ok I'm almost done .... only one problem..... It wont start!
I've done everthing correctly but no joy. It sound good when I turn the ignition, timing looks correct, Spark plugs are firing, I smell gas and spark plugs have gas on them when I try to start it. Very Frustrating. I'll figure it out but takes some time.

I noticed you mentioned lifters. Could air in the lifters cause it not to start or even fire once. I've tried turning the distributor.

Ahhhh so close yet so far away...

SOBS

I GOT IT !!!!!!!
After Praying about it and calming down It came to me. Hook the sparkplug wires up in reverse order!!! It Started!!!

TY RBO your the Greatest!!!

SOBS

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine is still running great, I've put 5,000 miles on the new chain. Hope this forum helped. It sure helped me. I'm actually considering buying a 2nd Older Nissan ( like 1990 - 95) to play with and give to my daughter when were done with it.
:cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same Problem Tensioners.... any other ideas

Ok I replace the tensioner on the left and the (protective guild)one on the right about 2 years ago and 30k+ miles. The (Proctive guild) on the right has broken again or at least rattled the bolts holding it lose. Its proctetive guild is a crappy design a piece of metal covered in plastic but the plastic always breaks. The question is now how do i protect the timing chain cover on the right side without putting a new (protective guild) on? There has got to be a better design or idea to protect that right wall of the Timing Chain Cover.

Oh the plastic piece on the metal guild on the right side you might as well just break it off its worthless. The problem is you have to have the guild or something protecting the right side or the chain will eventually eat thru the Timing cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.