Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
First of all, I just wanted to say thanks for this write up. Definitely couldn't have done this on my own without it. It's very detailed, easy to follow, and must have taken quite some time to put together.

So, Thank You. :)

I cant say it went totally smooth though, my own ineptitude still factored in. I got from opening the hood to well over half way done in 2 full days, to the point in your tutorial where you suggest installing the oil pump and distributor, and noticed something amiss:

... :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for the double post, I can imagine my previous post caused a bit of confusion.

I have never been so happy to have been so wrong. :cool:

I was so tired that when I tried to install the oil pump, and oil pump/distributor shaft, I thought that it wouldn't fit through the opening on the oil pump connects to, and that I had to take the newly sealed oil pan and possibly timing chain cover off in order to put it in.

:newbie:

Sorry to have spammed up this excellent thread on my first post. Still, thanks for the amazing write up! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yay triple post, couldn't edit previous one.

It looks like I have to redo all the seals again after all.

I put the damned oil slinger on backwards. :-(

Probably just as well, I must have been absolutely delirious wed night. I need to recheck all my work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet, finally got it all back together and running well. That first 20 minutes or so was a bit horrifying though, but the terrible sounds went away and I got my truck back after 6 months of waiting for the funds to fix it! Yay!

Also found some 93 pathfinder buckets in excellent condition to replace the aging, incredibly uncomfortable bench seat. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.