Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys,

I've brought this up once before, but after looking for a sr20de for a decent price to swap, I've decided that a ka24de motor might be a cheaper way to go. But I've got a few questions, and I don't know if anyone has any answers,

1. Would the motor mounts match up, or would there be a lot of custom mounts needed?

2. For the axles could I take the altima set and the 200sx set and have a machine shop cut them and weld them back together to fit?

3. And would I be able to use my 200sx gauge cluster or would I need the altima cluster?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
well you may be the first !!!
I suspect you will have to use an altima transaxle, but I think you alude to that.
Take a look at an Altima, go to a friendly bone yard or a pick a part and take you camera.
I think you will have to fab the engine and trans mounts.
Shifter linkage ?
ECU and sensor, wiring harness.
Cluster, well the B14 one might work if you re-wire it, don't know about speedo and ODO though, so it sounds like planning on an Altima one makes sense (harness though to cluster as well)

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
did you read and see the pictures from the 3.5 V6 install in a B14?
very interesting, i think your project will be similar.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be similar, but my 200 is turbo right now, so if I swap the KA24 I plan on Leaving the piping in place, buying a KA manifold and a bigger turbo, then I would have a turbo 200sx with a Ka24 motor. I think if I switched to pusher fans and mounted them on the other side of the radiator I would have a little extra room.

I would use the KA tranny, but I don't know if the hacked axles would hold the power, is there a better way to do this?

Using the entire harness for the KA with the altima dash would probably be the way to go, making a cluster fit sounds way better than hacking a harness.

Does anyone know how much of a problem the motor mounts might be? I've never had any experience with altering mounts, and I don't know how difficult it would be or even where to start, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
its a big headache dont do it just drop in a DEt and call it a day.

if u do do it be ready to have lost of $$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts