known history high power on stock internals
reliability bling factor
Brand new turbo kit power to weight ratio

cons:
still a ka parts availablity
Need to upgrade to some unknown history
type of forged pistons for high to front heavy for auto cross
boost.

Price is not an issue with these choices as they are both well within my budget and fairly cheap.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Trying to figure the best route.
pros:
ka rb
Parts availablility skyline motor
known history high power on stock internals
reliability bling factor
Brand new turbo kit power to weight ratio

cons:
still a ka parts availablity
Need to upgrade to some unknown history
type of forged pistons for high to front heavy for auto cross
boost.

Price is not an issue with these choices as they are both well within my budget and fairly cheap.
RB20 !! come on you know you want rb20 haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neither, go RB25DET or SR20DET instead. If you want to go the big power route, buy a whole Skyline RB25DET front clip so you get the big front brakes and tranny. All you need to run higher boost is a better head gasket. It is about the same price as an RB20 front clip, but a stronger engine, has more stock HP with more displacement, it is easier to gets parts for and has a stronger transmission.

If you are looking for the best handling, go with an SR20DET. It is much lighter than any of the other alternatives. The SR will be the cheapest route as it is all bolt-in. An RB will need a deeper budget. You either need to fabricate or go to someone like McKinney Motorsports for the parts to put it in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,as far as the swap goes I'll have evrything but intercooler and ecu. mounts and harness is included. I came out of a totaled s13 coupe same year as mine so It'll be a bolt in afair like the sr. I wanted to rb 25 but then this deal fell in my lap for 1700 bux verses the 1300 for the complete brand new turbo for the KA and a SR is out of the question altogether.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts