Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 240 im in the process of converting it to a manual and i have 3 stock kas now (i dunno just layin around so now i have em) but im tryin to decide wat i should do should i i build one of the kseries n turbo it or should i get a blacktop SR20 n jsut wondering with either wat kind of chance would i have at takin my bigmouthed friends jdm h22 with just umm intake header exhaust n clutch thanx

·
Registered
11 Posts
IMO I would take one of those ka's you got laying around, build it and run boost. for about 3-4.5k you can put 400whp down. for about 3-5k youl get just the sr20 in the car. with about 225whp. so the ka would the best bang for your buck. I believe the sr20det is a better motor. If money is no problem id go sr20. as far as that h22 car goes, depending on what car its in 400whp will put you in another category. h22 = :thumbdwn: good motor I must say but nothing is like a nissan. good links. www.ka-t.org and www.boostdesigns.com

would you be willing to sell one of those motors??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
s10cky said:
IMO I would take one of those ka's you got laying around, build it and run boost. for about 3-4.5k you can put 400whp down. for about 3-5k youl get just the sr20 in the car. with about 225whp. so the ka would the best bang for your buck. I believe the sr20det is a better motor. If money is no problem id go sr20. as far as that h22 car goes, depending on what car its in 400whp will put you in another category. h22 = :thumbdwn: good motor I must say but nothing is like a nissan. good links. www.ka-t.org and www.boostdesigns.com

would you be willing to sell one of those motors??

the h22s in a 95 prelude how long should the motor last bein boosted

·
Registered
11 Posts
well that price I quoted includes forged pistons and shot peened factory rods. the ka will last a long time with those under a moderate amount of boost. id say up to 15 daily and turn it up at races. if you build a ka-turbo youl smoke that prelude. and then you can drift around him. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
s10cky said:
well that price I quoted includes forged pistons and shot peened factory rods. the ka will last a long time with those under a moderate amount of boost. id say up to 15 daily and turn it up at races. if you build a ka-turbo youl smoke that prelude. and then you can drift around him. :thumbup:

am i goin to have any problem with it bein sohc? are the parts goin to be harder to find for it? would it be better to jsut find a dohc n swap it? thanx

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont think you will. its a less complicated engine just not as many tuning options. if you go to ka-t.org look at jordans 240sx. its a sohc. all he has is forged pistons. he ran a 12.9 in the quarter. parts are the same except for the valvetrain I believe.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
s10cky said:
I dont think you will. its a less complicated engine just not as many tuning options. if you go to ka-t.org look at jordans 240sx. its a sohc. all he has is forged pistons. he ran a 12.9 in the quarter. parts are the same except for the valvetrain I believe.
KA24ET parts are really hard to find. The KA24DE is a better route for turbo... You have 3 motors and they're all KA24E?

·
Registered
405 Posts
bridrive55 said:
KA24ET parts are really hard to find. The KA24DE is a better route for turbo...
I would say research i dont think there are many hard to find parts you just have to know where to look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea theyre all sohc when i look up the cars vin it says sumthin like l4 wat does that mean ? ive looked everywhere i must not be looking in the right places for the sohc upgrades so any sites would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
xDRFTurR1D3x said:
yea theyre all sohc when i look up the cars vin it says sumthin like l4 wat does that mean ? ive looked everywhere i must not be looking in the right places for the sohc upgrades so any sites would be greatly appreciated
l4=inline 4 cylinder.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
xDRFTurR1D3x said:
They are all singles? Ouch.....I would definitely go with the SR. That was a nice quote for the KA, but that's for the DOHC engine. Tell you what you can do though, there is another guy with a sohc engine with a rod knock, just sell him one of your blocks, and get a black top?

you would be killing two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
really, I didnt think that sohc's had hard to find parts. I guess you could always do dohc swap. sr kinda sounds like the way to go now.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Yeah, SOHC is not a very good route for turbo. Luckily, KA24DE is one of the most readily available engines, due to the plethora of people who swap in JDM engines. You probably shouldn't have trouble finding one. If you need one, the first place I'd call is Fueled Performance (www.fueledperformance.com, 1-877-FUELED-5). Opium offered me a KA24DE with mods and under 100k miles for $200.... Perfect candidate for turbo. Give them a call!

·
Registered
54 Posts
xDRFTurR1D3x said:
the h22s in a 95 prelude how long should the motor last bein boosted
you wouldn't have to do much to smoke your friends h22 prelude. my friend has a 88 crx that has about 135hp at the crank, sohc non-vtec, and he ran circles around a h22 vtec. preludes are lunkers so your 240 w/sr20 putting down 255 will blown his doors off. i use to me a honda gurue but the price to make a honda fast is outragous... good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts