Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the K&N drop in filter the same as the replacement filters? I'm seeing so many people with it and I was told K&N didn't make them for the 2002 se r yet. So what's the deal? Am I just getting my info mixed up?

·
Registered
369 Posts
black se r said:
Is the K&N drop in filter the same as the replacement filters? I'm seeing so many people with it and I was told K&N didn't make them for the 2002 se r yet. So what's the deal? Am I just getting my info mixed up?
yes its a replacement filter. the one for a 2000-01 sentra will work in a se-r:cool:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dropped in the KN filter... felt absolutely no power gain.

Car felt a little 'smoother' though. Best short way I can describe it.

Recently I added the AEM CAI. Which I really enjoy. And can feel some more power..

·
Registered
172 Posts
restrictive airbox

its not that the filter doesn't give you more power. it does but it is hindered by the fact the stock airbox intake snorkle is very narrow and only allows a limited amount of air in. if you remove the snorkle. and open up the port it attaches to, look at it you will see a larger area with a raised ridge for a larger intake snorkle. pull the lower section out and break out this area. make it to where the entire raised ridge formed area on the box is opened up. this will allow more air in that the K&N filter can actually do its job. also you will see a noticeable gain. of course this is for people who are on a tight budget and want a little more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts