Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replaced my factory air intake,filter with a [email protected] system.Install wasnt bad but i have a hose that was clipped onto factory air box that has no purpose now on New System.The hose goes somewhere down towards bottom of engine,cant see where it goes to exactly.Instructions dont even mention the hose.Truck is running great,no warning lights.Anybody have any idea what the hose is for. 2005 Nismo KC

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i just replaced my factory air intake,filter with a [email protected] system.Install wasnt bad but i have a hose that was clipped onto factory air box that has no purpose now on New System.The hose goes somewhere down towards bottom of engine,cant see where it goes to exactly.Instructions dont even mention the hose.Truck is running great,no warning lights.Anybody have any idea what the hose is for. 2005 Nismo KC

Was there a small filter inside the air cleaner cover where that hose attached? I'm not familiar with the '05 Nismo; I'm assuming it's a 6-cyl, but I have no idea if it has a PCV system. If it does, that's what I would suspect your hose is to. If it is part of the PCV system, I would think you need to get it hooked up or you'll eventually have issues with the system. If no one else here has a definite answer, you may want to check with K&N.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My '05 Nismo 4x4 has a hose that seems to go to nothing. It is the breather for the front diff. Might be the same hose if yours is 4x4? Z

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think thats the same hose,is it clipped onto your air filter box?Is it plugged into anything?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes, clipped to the box on the side the dip stick is on. If it's the same one see if you can follow it down and see where it goes. Z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts