Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if i was looking to get the pop charger for my sr20, where can i find it the cheapest and is it one of the best? i've heard alot of stories about people sucking water in their intakes and was wondering what the likelyness of it happening with the jwt intake in my 98 sentra
how many hp do you think this would get, 5-6?

jwt cams, what kind of hp gains would you get with these? any major problems down the line with them? would you do any headwork along with the cams? i have the knoledge to do some basic portpolishing and valve jobs at school and could do the combination of cams and headwork. where can you get jwt cams for a good price also?

i just bought my car and don't really know alot of nissan perforamnce sites, if you people could leave a few addresses that would be sweet. thanks

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
se-r.net
sr20deforum.com

jwt cams = 10-16 peak whp plug and play
get a CAI unless you plan on driving thorugh a monsoon you will never hydrolock your engine

beside the pop is about $150 and a PR CAI is only around $50 more

Look before you buy.
O

ps unless you really know what your doing stay away from head work no benefits as of now for your car

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awsaut said:
so if i was looking to get the pop charger for my sr20, where can i find it the cheapest and is it one of the best? i've heard alot of stories about people sucking water in their intakes and was wondering what the likelyness of it happening with the jwt intake in my 98 sentra
how many hp do you think this would get, 5-6?

jwt cams, what kind of hp gains would you get with these? any major problems down the line with them? would you do any headwork along with the cams? i have the knoledge to do some basic portpolishing and valve jobs at school and could do the combination of cams and headwork. where can you get jwt cams for a good price also?

i just bought my car and don't really know alot of nissan perforamnce sites, if you people could leave a few addresses that would be sweet. thanks
The POP doesn't really give you much HP. While they may claim a few HP (and it very well may give you 3 or as much as 5 *PEAK* HP) it's more of a sound thing in my opinion. It'll give the car a good growl under WOT. As for water ingestion, I am thoroughly convinced that those people who have ingested water must have sat in a puddle of more than 20" and revved their engine repeatedly. I've driven (with a CAI... which the intake sits much lower in the fender than just a POP) through serious puddles and serious downpours with no problems. The only time I think you'd have a problem (as I said) would be if you were moving *VERY* slowly and revved your engine causing the intake to try to suck in a lot of air and thus ingesting water. As long as you're moving and keep revving to a minimum, I'd think you'll be ok. I know many people who feel similarly... water shouldn't give you problems even for a CAI.

As for cams, they'll give you more HP. I'm not sure exactly how much but I think S3/S4's would give you close to 10 peak HP? Get the ECU reprogrammed from JWT and that'd be well worth it as well. I got the ECU and am very happy with the improved response, removed speed governor (for track driving only ;) the higher rev limiter and the better fuel maps for the cams. Headwork wouldn't be necessary with the cams but would certainly be a welcome addition to any engine :) If you're going to get involved with the head, you'll probably wind up doing more than port/polish though... check out this site for an NA monster engine:

http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/beast-toc.htm

Also, for more info on the SE-R, start and go from here:

www.se-r.net

Some of the info is dated but it's there. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts