462 Posts
CarbonBlack200 said:
Are they out yet?
yes they are
people who preordered them have their comin in the mail

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
42 hp on a b14, but we all know that our b13 cams suck more so a b13 maybe will get close to 50????47?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Cams

I should hopefully be getting them soon. As for the gains, as suggested, take a good look at the sentra.net technical section.

As for the B13, I too thought about the B13/B14 cam differences. I suspect that the JWT cams would make slightly more power in the B13. Of course this will take the JWT ecu which is a more costly/difficult modification for the B13 GA16's. I guess we will find out for sure when a B13 owner buys them and dyno's them!

1,267 Posts
Re: Cams

wes said:
I should hopefully be getting them soon. As for the gains, as suggested, take a good look at the sentra.net technical section.

As for the B13, I too thought about the B13/B14 cam differences. I suspect that the JWT cams would make slightly more power in the B13. Of course this will take the JWT ecu which is a more costly/difficult modification for the B13 GA16's. I guess we will find out for sure when a B13 owner buys them and dyno's them!
This is kinda driving me nuts because I'm definitely getting the ECU, and I'd really like to get the cams around the same time (early this summer) but then all the points I've accumulated in STS this season would be for nothing when I put the cams in and have to move to FSP or SM. Although that does open the door to some other fun items like the Phantom Grip LSD, and some work inside the engine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
In my testing, the JWT did not lose bottom end power from stock (the bigger the cam generally, the less bottom end) and were good for a solid 7-peak hp. The gains were recorded from 5000 rpm on.

Thats from sentra.net....does that mean that my automatic tranny car wont benefit much from cams? The car usually shifts at or below 3k rpms in regular driving, and 5k when I really floor it. Also, most of the driving is done on the highway, and cruising rpm is usually about 2900 rpm or so. Which means that unless I floor it all day, I wouldn't benefit much. Any advice?

By the way, yes, I have a tach.

1,267 Posts
andre said:
In my testing, the JWT did not lose bottom end power from stock (the bigger the cam generally, the less bottom end) and were good for a solid 7-peak hp. The gains were recorded from 5000 rpm on.

Thats from sentra.net....does that mean that my automatic tranny car wont benefit much from cams? The car usually shifts at or below 3k rpms in regular driving, and 5k when I really floor it. Also, most of the driving is done on the highway, and cruising rpm is usually about 2900 rpm or so. Which means that unless I floor it all day, I wouldn't benefit much. Any advice?

A torque converter to raise the stall speed to about 3000 rpms? Ask Eric (Fast B13 A/T) about it, he's got one.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Adam said:

A torque converter to raise the stall speed to about 3000 rpms? Ask Eric (Fast B13 A/T) about it, he's got one.
I have considered a torque converter....just haven't gotten around to call dunrite. :(

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
andre said:

andre I thought about this too, I have a manual but still most of the time I don't go over 5000 RPM. The cams do give a lot of power above that, but since I rarely go above 5k RPM I don't think I'm gonna get the cams. Unless of course I got more serious about racing my car.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My input.

I have to agree, the cams are not for everyone. Eric and I were having this discussion yesterday, it all depends on what you want out of your car. I'd have to say they are worth the $$$ even if you have an auto. simply because you will be able to extract more power out of your car, the question is weather or not your willing to spend the$$$ for the power.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey, I'm willing to get the cams, dont get me wrong. But before I do, I just want to see if I can work out a way to use them to my best advantage.

I know about level 10 for the torque converter. I was gonna call them, but someone told me that dunrite has sentra cores stocked up...so i dont have to send one in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: They do exist.

wes said:
Came home to these today, thought I'd share.

Will probably be a week or two until I get to the install. Plan on installing the cylinder head along with the cams.

Good deal!!! Let us know how things work for ya Wes.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts