Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have contacted HPautoworks and am in the process of setting up a group discount for GA16 and SR20 ECUs. Just curious how much interrest there is for this product. The price is already the lowest I have seen. $525 and then a discount, although Im not sure how much it will be, but even $525 is a good price. Let me know if your interrested and also if this is a good price.

Their website is www.hpautoworks.com

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
myoung said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to contact JWT and bypass the middle man?
that is true but do you think jwt would be willing to match that $525 price and then ALSO make a G/B discount? although i cant see how HP has them cheaper???? JWT still needs to program them right? im just alittle confused

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know how HP has a lower price, but they are willing to give a G/B discount off of the original $525 price. I am going to ask them about core charges and how that works. For now this is just a work in progress. If JWT could match the price and give a discount, then that may be the way to go. Although, I have contacted JWT about an ECU G/B and I never heard back.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
damn, i really want it!!!! but, cant right now, beside, do you think that maybe we can get a better discount from jim wolf w/a GB directly from him?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
$475

Ok, I just heard back from HP and they agreed to $475 plus shipping for the JWT ECUs. We need at least 5 people and this G/B will continue through February. I think that HP is going to be the better choice as far as who to buy from. The ECUs at JWT website are $595. Im not sure if they can beat $475.

If your interrested, then post what you want and what engine you have.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I may be interested.

1992 Sentra 1.6.

I have the SE-R ECU for JWT to reprogram the 2.0 ECU for the 1.6 ECU. Will they give me the same 475??? That is pretty good from JWT 595.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
sunnysentra said:
I may be interested.

1992 Sentra 1.6.

I have the SE-R ECU for JWT to reprogram the 2.0 ECU for the 1.6 ECU. Will they give me the same 475??? That is pretty good from JWT 595.

Chris 92 classic

Sure, I'll find out and then post the info, asap.

The process goes as follows: You mail your ECU to HP, then they mail it to JWT for reprograming. Lastly, it is mailed back to you. HP covers the cost to ship it to JWT.

Im going to call JWT and ask if they can match this price, since most seem to be more interrested in going through JWT.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I highly doubt it is happening but a lot of Spec V guys are talking about a JWT ECU supposed to come out this year. While I have my doubts, if this does come out then their are at least 5 guys on this board alone who will jump on the oppertunity. Goodluck on the GB!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
B14_Stealth said:
im wondering the same thing as sunnysentra about them reprogramming Se-r ecu for me for cheaper.

Yep, I verified that it will be the same price to program a SE-R 2.0L for the 1.6L. $475. If we can get enough people, then we will all just pay HP through their website, by mail, or paypal.

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
me wanty!!!! especially to get ready for a turbo, but i dont have that money now. believe me when i tell you that the bumpstops drained my piggy-bank :balls:

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
Does HP have the ecus sitting on the shelf? If not how long after payment can we expect them? If so What programs do they have?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Info

OK guys, I have all the needed information.

-This G/B will continue until we have 5 or more people.

-The price will be $475 per person. This is a $120 less than JWT directly, for some odd reason).

-Payment will be made to HPautoworks

-It will take about 5-7 weeks to get your ecu back. JWT is booked

-They will take se-r 2.0L ecu's or whatever for the same price.

-We need to know what engine and car/year you have.

-Lets do this!!!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts