Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering, I have a stock auto GA with nothing done and nothing added. Would it be a waste for me to get the JWT Ecu? Or if I get it, would I see any performance boost? And since the limit on my car is 109mph, what could I go when the ECU gets rid of the limit?

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
The ecu may get rid of the limit, but I don't think the car would go much faster due to drag, it would certainly take awhile to get there.
Then there is the issue of tires, are the GA tires V-rated? A blowout would be bad at 100+
A suspension upgrade for stability.
A brake upgrade so you could stop from that speed, stock breaks would fade really quickly leaving you with none.
There are better mods for the cost, the ECU is not usually the first one people get.:)

For power, try a header, intake , pulleys or cams first. Then either an exhaust or ecu.
Don't forget suspension and brakes for better handling.

These mods make a driving at lower speeds enjoyable so you won't need to go to top end extremes.:)

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
depends on your future plans. If you we're planning on turboin your GA, then you should just wait....if your goin all motor then go right ahead.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
It wouldn't be a waste to get the JWT ECU but peter96 is right, it's not the first mod most people do. It's definitly the easiest to install though. You will see a performance boost with the ECU, but I'd probably go with an intake or headers first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts