Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as it says right now im driving around with the jwt ecu with the cam upgrade. but without the jwt cams, so far im a bit dissapointed with the ecu i like the higher rev limit, and no gov. but wheres the power?? will there be a seat of the pants difference with the jwt cams?, cause im about ready to just do a sr20 swap.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
just gettin the ecu wont do too much or add much power... but you will feel the difference with the jwt cams, the ecu just makes sure that you have the proper air/fuel ratios. once you get the cams, you will have more usuable power in the higher rpms because you eliminated the power drop

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
you will feel more HP in the mid range with the JWT, it only adds a few HP on the bottom, the top end a little more, but the mid range adds about 8-10 hp. I felt it. the ECU also made the engine run very smooth and the powerband was smooth. i think it works great. I have a latest gen hotshot header, UR pully, 60mm TB, PR intake with JWT POP charger, stock ignition, Flywheel and clutch.

Anybody with a B13 1.6 with the JWT ECU run a Dyno before and after to see the powerband? Lets see this to show what it can do. Its interesting enough because we are using an SR20 ECU reprogrammed for the 1.6

Chris 92 classic

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
sunnysentra said:
you will feel more HP in the mid range with the JWT, it only adds a few HP on the bottom, the top end a little more, but the mid range adds about 8-10 hp. I felt it. the ECU also made the engine run very smooth and the powerband was smooth. i think it works great. I have a latest gen hotshot header, UR pully, 60mm TB, PR intake with JWT POP charger, stock ignition, Flywheel and clutch.
Chris 92 classic
I put my cams in first and a friend of mine who has a b13 sentra road with me and commented how the car kept pulling after 6k where his started to die. I was a moderate gain overall but not a whole lot. Then I got the ecu and wow. Like a whole new car. That combo trully is the best mod for our cars. I know as soon as I get my other sentra running and swap over the cams one of the first mods will be ecu to compliment the cams.

Mitch

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
The JWT ecu made a large difference in the power delivery on my car. Granted I had the regular program long before the cam install.. You have an ECU optomized for cams and don;t ahve them, did you expect it to be perfect without them?

At any rate sentra.net documents the power gain of the JWT ecu alone. And all of the other bolt ons actually.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have an automatic b14 99'.. I want to get the JWT cams and ecu. I remember reading that, in order to do the change i would have to go and get a 97' ecu?
so my question is, is getting the 97' ecu true?
will i get the same effect w/ an automatic vs. a manuel?

How was everyone's upgrade with the upgrade.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
huskya83 said:
I have an automatic b14 99'.. I want to get the JWT cams and ecu. I remember reading that, in order to do the change i would have to go and get a 97' ecu?
so my question is, is getting the 97' ecu true?
will i get the same effect w/ an automatic vs. a manuel?

How was everyone's upgrade with the upgrade.
Actually u need either a 95 or 96 ecu. i have done the cams and ecu on my 97 automatic. they work pretty well. i did the ecu swap first and there are no reprocutions as to wether u do the ecu first or cams let me know if you have any questions, email me or post here (email [email protected]) this is kinda a dead post but ill answer what i can. the install isnt bad, it is kinda tedious though rewiring the ecu is a bitch. the rest is pretty simple have u already seen the directions provided by jim wolf?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts