Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my JWT ECU back from adding the S3 program. I've only driven to dinner and back (~5 miles round trip). When I push the clutch in, the idle drops to 500rpm, bounches back to around 1000rpm, drops back to ~700rpm, then settles at 1100rpm. I have the base idle set at 800rpm, and timing is at 15 deg. Any thoughts? The stock ECU did not do this. Maybe I haven't given the ECU enough driving time to learn the car. This is in my '96 SE-R.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It still idles at 1200 rpm. Someone told me to put the base idle at 950rpm. Driving to work this morning, I don't remember if the car dive bombed when I pushed the clutch in.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I talked to Ray Kawski today ( there might be another problem :) ) and he said to put the TPS voltage at .45v. I checked mine, and it was at .387v. I adjusted it to .454v, which was the closest I could get it. At WOT, all I get is 3.98v. Mike, do you think this could cause the power issues we talked about earlier? I let the car warm up, and reset the TPS memory like the FSM says to, and the idle is still at 1200rpm. I didn't drive it after doing this. I did noticed driving home from work, that the idle doesn't dive bomb anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.