Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
eric96ser said:
I just got my JWT ECU back from adding the S3 program. I've only driven to dinner and back (~5 miles round trip). When I push the clutch in, the idle drops to 500rpm, bounches back to around 1000rpm, drops back to ~700rpm,
I've got similar problems with my 95 w/ S3s and the cam program. I've just ignored it this whole time. Usually at idle, it'll bounce around from ~900 up to 1100 or 1200 but very subtly. And with the clutch in, it'll be around 1500 or so. Over the weekend, for the first time in a while, it stayed at 1500 for a while after I let the clutch out too. I don't think it makes a huge difference... just something annoying

· Registered
130 Posts
Re: Re: Re: JWT ECU w/ S3s idle

morepower2 said:

That almost seems like a TPS issue.

Mike
I haven't checked in a while but last time I thought the same thing and the TPS was fine... my idle has *ALWAYS* been screwed up almost from day one! Before I even did anything to the car, it was screwed up but I've gotten used to ignoring it ;)

Ray thought I was crazy when I tried explaining all the weird idle problems. Till one day where the car was surging eratically all over the place while he was there. He checked a bunch of stuff and shrugged... like I've always done. It's weird but I don't lose much sleep over it

· Registered
130 Posts
morepower2 said:

Sometimes a bad TPS is not that obvious. The voltage can vary from time to time.

Mike
Hmmm.... have to check that out. Thanks. I never thought I'd get a solution to a problem I don't really care a whole lot about simply by commenting on something Eric said ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.