Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...just want to let you know that the Kits from JWT are a little on the limited side... I would snag one while you can if you plan on doing this upgrade... I'm not saying that they won't make additional ones, but if the demand doesn't pan out...ya never know...

We plan on installing one in Project Spec V in the coming months to help explain everything.

You can't beat a 10HP gain for under $100 !



http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/current/jwtkit/
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yeah I still gotta get around to buying another knock sensor...

Or getting someone else to go buy me one :)

Then I'll fill in the engine mounts with window weld and pick up the Balnce shaft removal kit.
Still debating personally wether to buy kit or just have chain cut...

I like the much cleaner implementation of the kit but I like the 'stealth' of just cutting the chain since I've got a lot of warrenty left still :(

Damn I wish I didnt buy extended warrenty :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
im very excited to see the dyno results of the additional balance shaft removal kit and grounded knock sensor if one is taken, on top of the CAI and header.

and thanks for the tip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
I should have dyno results on the knock sensor by the end of the month. I already have dyno numbers with every mod on the car before and after.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Immortallis said:


Then I'll fill in the engine mounts with window weld

this is a new one on me what is the point of doing this?

im not saying its a waste or anything just never heard of doing this to the motor mounts..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
red SE-R said:
this is a new one on me what is the point of doing this?

im not saying its a waste or anything just never heard of doing this to the motor mounts..
it stiffens the motor mounts supposedly. I think it just makes a mess;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
ahh ok thanks

kinda reminds me of chaining a high output small block 350 to the frame. had to do that once in a truck i had. the engine kept snapping motor mounts. but with close to 400hp and 450 lbs/ft. of torque, i could see why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
sorry that this is unrelated to the thread topic but,

once the mounts break, where does all the force goto next? eg. what breaks after the mounts let go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Murph said:
sorry that this is unrelated to the thread topic but,

once the mounts break, where does all the force goto next? eg. what breaks after the mounts let go.
the tranny and drive shafts would be next to break:D
 

·
No Nissan Yet
Joined
·
139 Posts
myoung said:
well of course;)
i just posted about the balance shaft in bye bye balance shafts and i was wondering about the knock sensor you mentioned. you are going to grind it? i am not sure about Nissans, but most knock sensors operate on a tuned piezoelectric ceramics that are usually screwed in the block, unless Nissan has the "banjo" (flat response) style knock sensor that bolts on the block rather than screwed in one(Broadband) which makes a difference in how much it is torqued down. the bolt down ones(flat response) can be used on different engines cause of the variable frequency design. the screw in(Broadband) can also be used on other engines, but must be torqued to manufacturors specs.

anyone here know what kind is on the 2.5? i would like to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
SRV1 said:
i just posted about the balance shaft in bye bye balance shafts and i was wondering about the knock sensor you mentioned. you are going to grind it? i am not sure about Nissans, but most knock sensors operate on a tuned piezoelectric ceramics that are usually screwed in the block, unless Nissan has the "banjo" (flat response) style knock sensor that bolts on the block rather than screwed in one(Broadband) which makes a difference in how much it is torqued down. the bolt down ones(flat response) can be used on different engines cause of the variable frequency design. the screw in(Broadband) can also be used on other engines, but must be torqued to manufacturors specs.

anyone here know what kind is on the 2.5? i would like to know.
the flat type its bolted to the block:)
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Filling in the Engine mounts helps reduce wheel hop from my bad launches. :)

Yes its messy. But worth it in my opinion.

Here is Jim Wolf doing it:

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19845&highlight=window+weld+part
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yep PR is just probing at the interest level right now.

I think u12bnextsentra (on b15sentra.net) is looking to put a bulk order in to get them made and will sell them.

I bought my AEM CAI off him.. and everything went well.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top