Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 200sx se-r (of course) and am starting to modify my car some. I am starting with a greddy exhaust and a body kit. Anyone think i should start off difrent? i am looking for more horse power. Maybe cold air intake? i also saw a turbo kit for this car. Where would i get some of this installed.

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
yeah cold air intake would be fine......
I think they are doing a group buy in the classified section you better jump on the good price before you are 2 late...

you can also advance the timing its free quick and easy.....

you can find a set of headers as well from anywhere between 100-500 dollars...

turbo is a great way to go if you want power....and if you got 3k stashed away !!!:D

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kemik said:
I have a 97 200sx se-r (of course) and am starting to modify my car some. I am starting with a greddy exhaust and a body kit. Anyone think i should start off difrent? i am looking for more horse power. Maybe cold air intake? i also saw a turbo kit for this car. Where would i get some of this installed.
Here's a hint - if you want more power, a body kit isn't the best way to get it. I mean if you like throwing money away that's up to you, but don't put "body kit" and "more performance" in the same paragraph.

if you want to make your car faster, an exhaust should be about the last thing you do. A cold air intake will give you more power than an exhaust. You could also get a header, like a Hotshot header for example. If you're going to do a turbo, don't get the header obviously. there are quite a few turbo kits for the SE-R, but I don't know specifically where you'd be able to get one installed.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK well thanks for replies. I know body kits dont give you power! =]...... ok well i plan to put a turbo in the fututre so what else could i have install for power?

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
Kemik said:
OK well thanks for replies. I know body kits dont give you power! =]...... ok well i plan to put a turbo in the fututre so what else could i have install for power?
If you want to go turbo then I assume you have had some wrenching experience with doing a turbo application for a car. If not then see my Sticky in the turbo section of this board.

Before you jump on the turbo band wagon baby steps are key. CAI and header will be the best bang for the buck. Exhaust (custom or otherwise) timing advance cams computer pullies. In that order if you like.

O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts