Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the compression numbers hold up, and it runs right for 2-3 months without smoking or other issues, I'm planning on installing a direct port nitrous setup.

My Nissan Guru buddy informed me that the SR20 DE engines are strong enough to hold up to a well tuned 100 shot if tuned a little rich to keep it safe. I'd LOVE to be able to do this... :D

Has anyone actually played with copious amounts of NOS on the SR20 engines? How'd it act? Any problems?

We have all the pill sizes, and I happen to have 4 nozzles, some lines I can bend, and plenty of time on my hands...

·
Registered
377 Posts
We've run the JWT 100 shot on a couple of cars with no problems at all. The only one that got hurt was because of operator error:(

·
Registered
314 Posts
at the Tampa nissan meet...

there was a red B14 with a 100 shot off of stock internals. he i did a full rebuild and then ran the JWT and the 100 shot. he said it was super safe. i have heard nothing but good things about the JWT set up. but its pricey!

·
Registered
377 Posts
nss200sx said:
how well would a stock sr20de engine hold up on juss a 55 shot????
55 shot on a sr20 would be super safe. I like the JWT setup myself:D Of course providing the motor is in good shape to start with.

M

·
0 Posts
A 50 shot on std motor in reasonable condition should be fine.
There is no point in going to direct port if your going to be running any less that 250hp as a single fogger nozzle can support 250hp, not to mention the added expense of more nozzles and distribution blocks etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ok sounds good guys.....i finally got all of the kit....i am waiting til i or my cai b 4 i install it though....after nopi ima call up jwt and see what they say about the whole thing with they way i want it set up....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts