Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The device is a resistor which alters the signal from the Intake Air Temperature Sensor. It does nothing in the B14 because the ECU does not use that sensor to set the air-fuel ratio. It is used only for diagnostic purposes.

Lew

EDIT: Added the word 'Temperature'

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
lshadoff said:
The device is a resistor which alters the signal from the Intake Air Temperature Sensor. It does nothing in the B14 because the ECU does not use that sensor to set the air-fuel ratio. It is used only for diagnostic purposes.

Lew

EDIT: Added the word 'Temperature'
Thanks for the detailed explanation of why it is worthless. I guess I should have included ssomething to support my statement...

Thanks Lew!

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
you know it can't be good, when they use a picture from 2 fast 2 furious...

·
Registered
272 Posts
psuLemon said:
you know it can't be good, when they use a picture from 2 fast 2 furious...
lol , cause obvously every sentra is gonna go blowing down the street with flames comming out the exhaust because u added something a prison inmate soddered together :balls:

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
its simple, you get what you pay for...so dont expect much for that price

BTW who makes this crap? Same people that make mod chips for PS2s? Does that make your car play imported and bootleged games too!!???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about changing the air/fuel intake system.
It is not very expensive upgrade but is it efficient?What improvement should i expect?

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
do you mean addin a cold air intake or moddin the ecu... dont be cheap, you wont gain power

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
psuLemon said:
do you mean addin a cold air intake or moddin the ecu... dont be cheap, you wont gain power
Really?There are many sites claiming that the gain can be pretty high.Up to 15hp.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
and all of them are full of sh*t... cuz its just a resitor that fools the iat and says its fools the ecu... but considering that only JWT can correctly mod the ecu, then i guarentee you that a $.50 part will make 15whp.... its rice..

speakin of rice, i think im gonna go eat some

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
well i hate to break up the fun, but since this is a useless thread now, im gonna close it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.