Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member to this forum, and I would like some input from other forum members that have later model pathfinders.
I just traded in my 2003 Xterra with 120,000 miles on it, for an 2006 pathfinder with aprox. 44,000 miles on it. So far I feel like I made a great purchase!
I loved my xterra, and the only problem I had with it, was in 2005 when the a/c broke, and the condensor and pump had to be replaced. It was still under warranty so not a big deal.
I bought it from an non-nissan used car dealer. My question is, should I upgrade my standard 5yr/100,000 mile engine powertrain warranty to include the a/c system for an additional $500.
Aloha,
JN

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My question is, should I upgrade my standard 5yr/100,000 mile engine powertrain warranty to include the a/c system for an additional $500.
Aloha,
JN
Apparently, the aluminum A/C lines that lead to the rear of the SUV may leak. Two tubes are strapped together with 2 pieces of rubber tubing to prevent rattling. The way it was done at the factory, the rubbing tubing flares a bit, allowing sand to enter... therefore scratching a hole into the aluminum.

To fix this, I've heard the entire body has to be removed to properly fix the line.

I've only heard this happen to maybe a few Pathfinders on the forums I'm on. Also heard this has happened to a few Armada's.

So, you may want to ask the insurance company if they would cover this sort of issue that isn't your fault, it's the way it was put together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.