Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
only major problem ive seen so far is the steering wheel shakes when going over a certain speed

car is a- Nissan Sentra
year- 1994
mileage- has exactly 208k
paint- needs some work
engine- tiny oil leak (i can chage what ever gasket it is)
tranny- work fine
interior 6 out of 10
it has a sony explode radio and amp
new tires

so fellas what should i offer? picked it up for $500

pros:
i like the burgundy paint (just need a good wash and wax)
sony explode radio with 400 watt amp and explode speakers all around
new tire's
new radiator
no rust

cons:
needs breaks in a couple months
tan interior (is gay)
oil leak comming from passenger's side on front (i believ from front of motor?)
it's a auto
steering wheel shakes (possibly rack and pinion)
fuel gage doesnt work
crappy ass alarm that i have to take out or figure out a way to bypass/

any suggestions on how to fix the oil leak, gas gauge, and shitty alarm?

·
Registered
147 Posts
the oil leak is probibly the front oil seal (there is a how to on here)

the gas gauge is probibly a broken or bent float

rip out the alarm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the alarm on the car does is make the hazards blink. as for the oil leak i'll search for the thread.

·
Registered
734 Posts
ACDELCO Part # 3612166 is $171 @ RockAuto.com 1 left!

AUTOZONE Atsco / Rack & Pinion
Warranty - LLT 8182
Price:
$219.99
Core:
$110.00

O'Reilly's CARDONE INDUSTRIES - Remanufactured Complete Rack Assembly
Item No: 26-1871

$280.99 Each
[plus: $115.00 core charge]

Advanced Auto
Cardone Rack & Pinion Assembly
Rack & Pinion: Remanufactured; Complete Unit; Power Steering; Usa Built
Warranty: LTD LIFETIME REPL
* Ships in 1 day
$284.99
$125.00 core

·
Registered
485 Posts
before you rip out the steering rack take a look at the wheels, ball joints, steering linkage.... pretty much the entire front suspension. There are a shit ton of different things that will make that happen. AND you are looking at doing the most expensive cause first. Also look at the tire wear. Chopped tires can also cause similar issues.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the same with my brothers, the lights blink and then you cant start the car.....i say go over the wiring and take it out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for now im just messing with the stupid little switch by the driver door under the dash to turn it off. until i have the time to check out the wiring

·
Registered
147 Posts
well if you need any parts just shoot me a PM i am parting my car as you can see in the sig

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
shaking wheel is most likely a wheel balance or the wheel was not torqued properly last. bent steel wheel will cause this or a bad tire also. have the wheels balanced first. if the Rack is shot, it will jump back and forth even when the car is stopped or the thing will creak and make noise.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well fellas i havent started working on the car yet its just sitting parked until it gets insured and i get some more money to fix the main seal.

as i was going through the car when i got home i found that the driver side visor is broken and M.I.A.

ill get some more pics of the car sometime this week.

anyone know how to fix the glove box? mine doesnt stay closed. do i need to get a new lock mechanism for it?

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
before you rip out the steering rack take a look at the wheels, ball joints, steering linkage.... pretty much the entire front suspension. There are a shit ton of different things that will make that happen. AND you are looking at doing the most expensive cause first. Also look at the tire wear. Chopped tires can also cause similar issues.
vouch that. tire wear or even low tire pressure is more commonly the cause of steering column shake. double check everything before ripping and tearing. and jump in and join the auto to manual swap club!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vouch that. tire wear or even low tire pressure is more commonly the cause of steering column shake. double check everything before ripping and tearing. and jump in and join the auto to manual swap club!![/QUOTE]
yeah i still gotta go thorugh the car and check things out.
oh trust i will go 5 speed once the car is sound and no more lil things to fix. ill get more pic's up when i have the time to take them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vouch that. tire wear or even low tire pressure is more commonly the cause of steering column shake. double check everything before ripping and tearing. and jump in and join the auto to manual swap club!![/QUOTE]
yeah i still gotta go thorugh the car and check things out.
oh trust i will go 5 speed once the car is sound and no more lil things to fix. ill get more pic's up when i have the time to take them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts