Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And I have a question.. I already searched the forum for how to program it, so that's not the issue. Anyway, I noticed that the fuse box in the engine compartment has a slot for a fuse for keyless but it's empty. I assume it would have been there if the car came with it (keyless fobs, etc.)??

So, do I just go to the dealer and pickup a fuse and it should work?? Where else can I get one, other than the dealer if there are alternatives? Pardon my ignorance if this has been asked before, still a newbie to the forum.. :cool: Thanks in advance... :cheers:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,272 Posts
GAB14 said:
And I have a question.. I already searched the forum for how to program it, so that's not the issue. Anyway, I noticed that the fuse box in the engine compartment has a slot for a fuse for keyless but it's empty. I assume it would have been there if the car came with it (keyless fobs, etc.)??

So, do I just go to the dealer and pickup a fuse and it should work?? Where else can I get one, other than the dealer if there are alternatives? Pardon my ignorance if this has been asked before, still a newbie to the forum.. :cool: Thanks in advance... :cheers:
My 97 GXE did not come with a remote, only power locks and windows, however my daughters 97 SER did.
So I strongly suspect your car does not have the factory remote.
So you would have to buy the accessory kit to install this.
I would suggest you find out what the receiver/unit looks like and where it is and check to se if its there. If I get time I will look in the FSM. You can download it from the sticky at the top of the forum if you don't have it.
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=60760

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. Yeah, it looks like my car did not come with the necessary wiring for the keyless. I see the location for the relay/fuse is not even wired in!! :thumbdwn: Wonder if I can return the remote?.. :)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,272 Posts
1.6pete said:
instead of getting the stock stuff i would say the easiest thing to do would just buy a universal kit that have the keyless lock function then you'll get an alarm and remote start as well. <only in some kits, im sure there is a kit ONLY for keyless entry)
I have one of these and its still on my self waiting install!!

I strongly suggest you look into an installed aftermarket remote, alarm, remote starter.
I think Circuit City or places like that actually price them with and without installation!!!!
The other way to go would be the Nissan accessory kit if its still available. But as pete says it will be the OEM set up only, may or may not include security system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!! :cheers: I'll probably just see if I can return the remote I got off ebay, unless one of you guys wants a remote real cheap :thumbup: And then maybe go the Circuit City route.. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts