Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered the midpipe through stromung since i just bought a house and dont have all the cash for the muffler too... i know i should get a straight through w/ perf core. can ya guys make some suggestions on some brands i should look at? also... since its 2", does the muffler need to have a 2" inlet or can the muffler shop guy put on whatever i get?

thanks for the help,
scott

N

·
0 Posts
yeah, if u go to a good muffler shop, they can pretty much do anything....but as far as choosing your muffler...r u going for the way it looks, performance or that rice noise? it's pretty much your call

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
little bit of everything i think... not too ricey, look good and preformance. was looking around and magnaflow looks good. anyone have any experience w/ them? how do they sound?

N

·
0 Posts
i know some guy who has a magnaflow on his car(not a nissan) its a bigger engine so it produces more power making it louder, so i wouldnt really know how good it would sound on a 1.6...if youre going for performance/look/sound, u should wait for the hotshot cat-back system, it should be out pretty soon....

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
G_Funk013 said:
Why dont you just get the stomung?
yEa man I know it seems a lot especially when you're on a budget but you really get what you paid for Scott. Just wait, save up, be patient and you wont regret it. Plus if you go w/the Stromung muffler, you wont have to worry about the fitting, welding, and rust on a later date. Stromung just bolts on like Lego:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts