Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, just ordered my engine from Japanese Engines Inc. from NJ. I cant wait till it gets here, then I will be rollin again. What is worrying me now is how long my tranny is going to last with all those miles (254k). I dont think I will need a clutch because it has only 50k miles.

Is there anything I need to know or any tips that can be given? I just hope everything goes smoothly. If anybody needs a scrap GA16i then hit me up, Ill sell it to ya for 50 bucks if you are willing to come get it :cool: . The head on it is also 50k miles old but the cam is tight resulting in a small rattle. If anybody wants that, you can just get the whole motor.

I thank all the ones that led me in the right direction by tellin me to get a used GA15 motor. Yall saved me a lot of money. I love you guys! *tear*

·
Registered
163 Posts
for all you guys

enginedepot

a seller on ebay

sent me an engine and tranny combo.
it said engine had 40,000 miles

man that engine had more like 80,ooo miles

the tranny was full of watter! and was ceized up.
i discovered that it didnt work after it was installed.
so i had to take it out put in my old one.
so i got screwed.

i got the runnaround i called 6 times.
they tried to keep telling me they would take care of it.
right @ 89 days part the auction i realized.
you can only leave feedback after 90 days.
they try to keep people on the runnaround so long thay cant leave feedback.
thats there game. a bunch of people emailed me, they didnt get to leave feedback. they were talking about getting a lawyer.

not to say you wouldnt get a good engine from them.

but check it, install it right away. make sure it works.
and dont let them give you the runnaround so long.
you cant leave them feedback.

we should start a list of good or bad engine sellelrs.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I made sure I ordered from a guy with good ratings. the screen name was japaneseengines. I hope that I get a good motor, I requested to have one with the carb on it just so i could have it lol. I can sell that to somebody or something who the hell knows. I wonder if Advanced Auto takes in old motors and gives you money for them. Cuz I dont want the old GA16i layin round in my barn, and I dont want to take it to the dump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts