Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 d21 nissan hb pickup 2wd 5spd with the 2.4L engine curious as to which engine it is, seems that the KA24E engine has the eccs intake where as mine has the big round air filter style intake with the efi style setup so can anyone give me some info on my truck? I just recently bought it and am looking to mod/ upgrade some stuff so any info would be great!

·
Registered
706 Posts
haha thanks so its a ka24 w/ the 12 valve... considering doing a turbo setup should i upgrade?
I would try to get a nissan Motorsport catalog since alot of the 4 and 6 cyl engines share alot of components such as oil pumps, drive spindle, drive spindle worm gear, rod+ main bearings, heavy duty bolts, heavy duty KA rods and pistons, upgrade your coolant system with a 2 row, upgrade the oil system with a high volume pump and an oil cooler from permacool, heavy duty headgasket, ARP or RACEWARE headstuds and maybe even oring it which Nissan has.... Good luck these engine have forged cranks so they can take some abuse...there are alot of kits available, but dream it a standalone ECU with ITB to uncork my restricton that small freakin TB injection system! 225 whp would be an easy objective IMO!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts