Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the Hotshot Header and ES Motor Mounts on my '04 Spec-v. I must say, I'm fairly impressed with both. I do have a question regarding the header though. I expected to have an increase in noise, but i fear that my car is going to start sounding like ur typical honda riceburner. The sound is raspy at high revs so is that typical? Almost positive there are no leaks. I've torqued before and after normal engine operating temp but i still feal like i might be having a leak. Basicly I just want to know if anyone else out there w/ this header has the same sound.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
if you've got a stock exhaust you can't possibly expect it to sound good.

you need a catback anyways to really take advantage of the header. And when you get one, get one that has a MASSIVE resonator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chimmike said:
if you've got a stock exhaust you can't possibly expect it to sound good.

you need a catback anyways to really take advantage of the header. And when you get one, get one that has a MASSIVE resonator.

Yea I have stock exhaust :( I really only get this weird sound when i rev high, so I figured that might be the problem. Im looking at the Apexi N1 exhaust..

Any other recommendations?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.