Nissan Forum banner

JUST GOT PULLED UP FOR LED HEADLIGHTS!

3K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  TheEel 
#1 ·
Cops said my high-beam were glaring, literally ordered me to change the old ones back RIGHT THERE! Pls folks, you gotta be careful with LED bulbs.

#8 · (Edited)
Yup! LED require readjusting the head-lights. Some LED lights do not work with stock lens. The best LED have a mirror cap to prevent light flare/blinding glare. Those bulbs are over $120 each!!!
I’ll stick with the AISKITS at $29 for a pair. The end of the bulbs have reflective coating, which prevent flare/blinding glare, but they are brighter than stock bulbs.
link:"AISKITS", got a code for 20% off: LLH7G665

#9 ·
Yup! LED require readjusting the head-lights. Some LED lights do not work with stock lens. The best LED have a mirror cap to prevent light flare/blinding glare. Those bulbs are over $120 each!!!
My headlight aim was less than an inch off. Hardly worth adjusting for. The more expensive LEDs more closely resemble the structure of the OEM halogens but the cheaper ones work just fine if you had the headlights properly adjusted. Nobody flashes me so I have to assume that all is well. My LEDs are Auxitos. By the way, there is a youtube video that gives detailed information about LEDs and informs you of what works and what doesn't.

#10 · (Edited)
I think it may matter year. My 2017 has a focused low beam and a reflector high beam. I think the 2016 are reflective low and high. When I installed LED bulbs, the low beam has the same cutoff as the stock. Didn't measure (or care) about high beam. If you have a pre-2017 with a reflector, the LED may reflect differently than the Halogen bulb.

Edit: I apologize as I thought I was in the Pathfinder forum. My post still reads correct depending on whether you have a focused lens or a reflector.

#21 ·
That pretty much is most of them. But you do have to install the headlight LEDs correctly. It's possible that they're in the wrong clock position and will likely blind oncoming traffic. I found that it's easier to remove the headlight assembly on my Xterra to get my headlight LEDs installed correctly even though the grill had to be removed to get to all of the screws. You have remove the headlight assembly in order to replace the side marker bulbs anyway. But, my front turn signals turned out to be the wrong LEDs. After some research, the problem seems to be that those sockets are the CK type but I'll confirm tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.