Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read something online saying 15 inch rims are the best to get...any beiiger and heavier would slow me down. So i was wondering what kind of 15 inch rims would look good on my sentra. After rims i want to get the omega body kit on www.ninjacar.com , looks sweet huh
 

·
Surf
Joined
·
807 Posts
you can always try to find some used B14 SE-R rims...also there has been alot of bad stuff said about ninjacar.com so i wouldn't do bussiness with them. If you wanna read about it you can search

hope this helps
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i havent seen any other bodykits that i like for the sentra......i like ones that are aggresive....the stillin one doesnt look good to me. What are some sites for good sentra kits.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also looked at your sentra....did u have to do modifications to put the 17s on or did it fit without trouble???? My stepdad said it would cost alot of money just to put on the wheels cause it would be to big......thanx playa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Not true.
A LOT of people have 17 inch wheels on their B14 cars with no issues, a few on this board even have 18 in wheels but those are tighter.

17 inch wheels should fit fine with no modifications but your car will most likely look lifted if you dont have any lowering.

The only issue with 17 inch wheels is that you have to get skinnier tires to match so this will translate to more "feeling" of the road.

Yes 15" wheels are lightweight but there are also lightweight 17" wheels, just depends on how much your willing to spend to get them. Forged wheels can get pricey.

I dont think the 17" wheels would slow you down much unless u got heavy wheels. Its up to you though.
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
Info.

Larger wheels and tires can affect gearing as well, so even if they are lightweight they CAN slow you down. Weight has more impact on handeling characteristics as wheels are unsprung weight.

15's are great for performance aspects, lightweight, OEM diameter, lots of wheel and tire choices.

If you want looks you can go with 17's and you don't have to sacrifice performance all together, you can get many different 17" wheels that are VERY lightweight. Centerline has come out with some new wheels that are 17" and are around 13.3 lbs.

The determining factor will be what you want to do with the car and how much you want to spend.
 

·
Surf
Joined
·
807 Posts
DollarBill said:
I also looked at your sentra....did u have to do modifications to put the 17s on or did it fit without trouble???? My stepdad said it would cost alot of money just to put on the wheels cause it would be to big......thanx playa
no modifacations to get them to fit. You can see in the pics that they were taken before my car was dropped, thats the lifted look. It's dropped now though so its all good. Your dad probably just dosen't want you spending the money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
I went in the middle...... I went with 16" rims by SLR Speed Light Racing and i love them... great looks and all together they were 19 lbs lighter than the stock rims........ and with the tires i have they are the same size as stock
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
LuvMyRide200sx said:
I went in the middle...... I went with 16" rims by SLR Speed Light Racing and i love them... great looks and all together they were 19 lbs lighter than the stock rims........ and with the tires i have they are the same size as stock
What size tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
uhhhhh not realy sure.... il have to look i just asked my dealer for 16s and itold him to make them the same higth as my stock wheels......all i know is is that there made by kumo tires.. there called KUMO Interseptors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
LuvMyRide200sx said:
uhhhhh not realy sure.... il have to look i just asked my dealer for 16s and itold him to make them the same higth as my stock wheels......all i know is is that there made by kumo tires.. there called KUMO Interseptors
Got pics? Personally, I want to go with some 16"s with 50 series tires...gotta keep the sidewalls happy on these NYC mine fields. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top