Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go to meineke, because i heard that flowmaster mufflers were good for both performance and sound. I got a flowmaster exhaust and a flowmaster dual round tip installed for $210. The installer actually added about a foot or so of wider piping to connect the muffler to the smaller diameter stock exhaust pipe. it looks really nice, much better than the stock exhaust tips. The sound is really good too, almost like a mustang or a muscle car of some sort. i was told that it takes time to break in the muffler, so as time goes on the muffler will get deeper and better sounding. And i definitely noticed an increase in HP, not too much, but enough to notice. the exhaust gives the car a nice deep sound but also has a slight whistle, almost like tires screaching. i think it will go away but its fine for now anyway.

Mike

:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure ill try to get a clip tommorow. it actually sounds good for a 4 cyl. car. I was told that when i get my Cold Air Intake it will make the exhaust sound lower.

MiKe

·
Banned
162 Posts
when i get my Cold Air Intake it will make the exhaust sound lower

Naw, all the CAI will do is drum out the exhaust. When you hit the gas you'll really only be hearing the intake.

And BTW, Flowmasters are not the greatest mufflers. You really could have spent less on a better muffler and then took it to Midas to weld it on. Thats my opionon though, as long as you like it, its cool. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts