Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got a 95 200sx today that has the g16de motor. i was driving home and my car wont go over 70. i could have my foot to the floor and it wont go any faster. why is this? and im also looking for an sr20 swap for the car and 2 rear quarters cuz mine have died from cancer. :lame:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will go faster than 70 if im goin down hill so idk what it might be but i have to have my foot to the floor to keep it goin between 65-70. and yes it revs past 3000 in second and yes the check engine light is on.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts
Ok so the next step is to read the codes in the ECU.
You can go to advance or Autozone and they will do this for you, and give you a printout of what the code is, very important, and what parts they want to sell you.
Dont buy anything yet !!
read the code description in the FSM, and search here.
Sometimes its just a bad connection, something needs cleaning, a rotten rubber tube etc.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Almost all European and Japanese car manufacturers used OBDII for all 1995+ production models. American manufacturers (Ford, GM, Chrysler) were allowed to wait until 1996 to implement OBDII into their production line. Therefore, just about every Japanese car made for the '95 production year is OBDII, not OBDI. Advance Auto has both OBDI and OBDII scanners; they just like to act like they don't have an OBDI (I used to work there, I know).

P.S. some Volkswagens are OBD1.5 in 1995, but they are rare and few to come by.

·
Registered
241 Posts
^^^ Agreed.

Nissan started OBD II in 1994.5 model years. That's why some 94 model SE-R's came with lowport motors, and others came with highport motors.

·
Registered
81 Posts
no this was a transition year for nissan. you CANNOT read codes throuh OBD2 connector. all ECM info has to be activated through the Consult1 connector in the fuse panel. my 95 GXE has both and only one reads codes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts