Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found some short shifters on ebay for 12.99 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1868048023). i got mine friday and installed it saturday. the throw is noticably shorter than the stock (i should have measured it but forgot), but it keeps the stock height, which is too tall for me, so im chopping the threads off and using a knob with setscrews. but for $13 bucks its a good deal. no mods were needed but did need to use a different bolt to attach it to the bottom end of the shifter to that bar that connects to the tranny(forgot what its called), luckly i had one laying around that fit perfectly. all in all im very happy with it.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but your shipping was like $9, so it's really a $22 short shifter. Still cheap though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in california which is where they are located so i also paid tax. still $23 and some change is still a killer deal compared to the others ive seen.

·
Registered
547 Posts
is it of nice quality? I mean damn, 13 bucks, I could do that. Is the throw adjustable with the ball?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks alright, its completely aluminum but its not adjustable, nothing fancy, but looks like it should last a good while. i just cut the threaded part of the shifter and now im completely satisfied with it. it now sits about 1.5 inches lower. im happy.

S

·
0 Posts
Zexel said:
is it of nice quality? I mean damn, 13 bucks, I could do that. Is the throw adjustable with the ball?
Believe me, u dont want adjustable short shifter, they tend to break, and loosen up a lot of times when u shift

·
Registered
547 Posts
oh ok. Thanks for the warning. I've seen PaceSetter's short shifter that's adjustable and was just wondering if that was a copy or look alike to it. But yeah, hell when I get money for my bday (2 weeks or so), and an auction like that is up, you better believe I'm getting one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts