Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated above my brother gave me his 2002 xe sentra. This is my first car and i dont really know too much about cars. Within two days of having my "new" car, when i start it it would idle fine then a couple of seconds later the idle would drop as if would shut off but a second later it rises back to normal idle. This would continue throughout the day of use and its still happening today. Whats wrong and how could i get this fixed? Im new to cars and your help would be greatly appreciated. Also on that note my brother told me to replace the tail lights because someone cracked both of them. I was wondering if the 2005 tail light would fit directly on my car without modifications? My friend got into a wreck and totaled his 2005 sentra and said he would sell his tail lights for cheap to me but i asked if it would fit mine and he didnt know. Please help me and thank you again? :(

·
Registered
790 Posts
Im not too familiar with the XE models as far as your idle issues are concerned.

But the 04-06 taillights can fit BUT you'll have to drill a few mounting holes. Because they're slightly different from 00-03 to 04-06 models. It not hard at all IMO. Also, there would be a slight overhang with 04-06 tail lights on a 00-03 rear bumper.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
If he's your friend, he should let you test fit his '05 tallights to your car to be sure they fit without modifying them!

·
Registered
790 Posts
If he's your friend, he should let you test fit his '05 tallights to your car to be sure they fit without modifying them!
I have an 05. I put aftermarket tails designed for 00-03 models on before long ago. You wouldn't have to modify the housing themselves. Only mounting holes. Once "fitted" there WILL be a slight overhang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your replies about the tail lights. i think ill just stick to the oem tail lights. does the 05' oem rear bumper fit mine without looking weird and doing any drilling? thanks.

plus please help me with my engine problem:(:confused:

As stated above my brother gave me his 2002 xe sentra. This is my first car and i dont really know too much about cars. Within two days of having my "new" car, when i start it it would idle fine then a couple of seconds later the idle would drop as if would shut off but a second later it rises back to normal idle. This would continue throughout the day of use and its still happening today. Whats wrong and how could i get this fixed? Im new to cars and your help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts