Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posting a kill story. :) So after I had gotten about 500 miles on my new motor, after we had installed the turbo kit on it, I was driving home from Rob Cadle's place just chilling basically. I had the boost set to 10 psi. I was about to get on a freeway exchange and some hyper blue headlights came up really fast behind me, then got in the next lane over and proceeded to head down the same interchange I was going for. The car passed me, and I saw it was a newer (2001+) Mustang GT. I knew the interchange coming up pretty well, so I said what the heck and followed him.

Through the couple turns through the interchange I kept up so easily it was ridiculous. This guy's car was leaning, tires squealing and I was pretty much at half throttle, perfectly stable, just following him around right behind him. Then it went straight and merged into the rest of the freeway, which was 5 lanes with light traffic. As soon as we were fully merged and there was no traffic around us or in front of us, he got on it, hard. I simply left it in 5th gear and floored it. Within 3 seconds I was in front of him, and another 10 seconds after that I had put multiple car lengths on him, which then extended to multiple bus lengths. I let off after just nudging about 130 MPH, and he was so far behind I couldn't tell if he was still racing or not. But sure enough, a short time later he blew by me going over 100 anyway.

Felt good to lay some righteous smack down. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love when the Nissan Spank them V8's I can't wait for mine to start doing that. good going. Keep up the good work.. I would love to hear about you killing some Honduh's.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Mike, that story happened back when the black car was first running. You know, that one week inbetween getting it running and then totalling it. :(

But I'm hoping the new one will be running soon. probably a couple months if I'm lucky. I can't make it to the Stillen open house, I gotz madd planz this weekend. :D

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Lotus for Lunch

To follow Zak's post I had a fun excursion out at the AZ SERCA SE-R convention. We were coming back from the road race event at Firebird with my car full of slicks, tools and people when we saw a Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo with SAYBYBY on the license plate. It was too tempting to resist. I started to cut over to peruse and was cutoff by an E36 M3. So I cut to the middle lane, blow by the M3 and start catching the Lotus. It was fairly obvious he was pushing the car because it was smoking out the tailpipes. Just as I started passing him we came upon traffic that ended the fun.

The driver then almost crashed trying to cut through traffic to get away. This is the second time I've seen this while racing a high-end European car. Guess they freak out thinking their car must be broken!

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I know Aaron's puts out about 370 at the wheels at 18 psi. I haven't dynoed mine yet but I expect it to be very similar, because we have the same turbo kits.

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
CLSo1A said:
how much h/p is your car putting to the wheels?
Yep it's close to 370 at 18psi like Zak said. The exciting part is with some more tuning I think there's a bit more power possible. Once this is done I think 400 + wheel hp is possible at 20psi.

Zak's car should be a monster when it gets running again! With lower compression/built motor he should be able to push the car to 24 psi and above. So far our dyno results have approximately shown 15-16 wheel hp per 1 psi of boost.

That car will be scary :eek:

·
Registered
126 Posts
SR20AL said:

Yep it's close to 370 at 18psi like Zak said. The exciting part is with some more tuning I think there's a bit more power possible. Once this is done I think 400 + wheel hp is possible at 20psi.

Zak's car should be a monster when it gets running again! With lower compression/built motor he should be able to push the car to 24 psi and above. So far our dyno results have approximately shown 15-16 wheel hp per 1 psi of boost.

That car will be scary :eek:

drooooling....

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
new kid on the block

okay Zak I have one for you...

As you know we've been working on the Turbo GA16....

Well the other night after leaving Tom Paule's house after installing the new Stage 2 JWT clutch and flywheel I was headed down the freeway ( 11:00 pm sunday, you know the area) minding my own business when a sky blue Honda SI pulls along side of me wanting to play... he has the usual stickers, sounded like a header and intake...

First you have to picture the scene... the car just got back from JWT and had about an inch of dirt on it and the front bumper cover was still off...and I hadn't really had a chance to see what this thing would do yet... the stock clutch couldn't handle anything above 4000rpms...

So this SI guns it and pulls a couple car lengths ahead then slows back to match me again.... He does this again teasingly... so the third time I think "what the heck, time to see what this T28 will do in the GA" So as he pulls his 2 car lenghts again and pull up to match him.... at this point he guns it and starts to pull away...he gets about 3 to 4 car lenghts ahead before I mash on the pedal... hearing the T28 kick up I fly past this guy in nothing flat... even shocked myself... I get maybe 10 car lenghts ahead and ease back down...

As I'm slowing back down to a normal speed he finally starts to get closer in the mirror... and I can tell he's coming hard... haha... so as he gets almost right up next to me I punch it again... and take off leaving him once again...this must have been very demoralizing for him because once I got about 10 car lenghts ahead and began to slow once again...he wasn't even attempting to pull up on me again... hahah...I slowed to 60 ...looked back and he must have slowed to 55...

This is the first offical victim of Project 200SX GA16DE-T..... how sweet it was!

Michael Young

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, that totally rocks. That reminds me of that time I raced this Neon when I was in my DET-powered NX. He was doing a whole scare-tactic thing, shutting off his headlights, turning on neon lights all over the car, sitting behind me waiting for me to make a move... I just tapped the throttle to make it look like I was going. He pulled out next to me and started to pass me. I waited until we were side by side and he was looking over at me with a big smile on his face... and then I floored it. Went through 3rd and 4th gear, pulled maybe 10 car lengths on him or so and let off.

He turned his normal lights back on and stayed in my blind spot the rest of the time I was on the freeway... he didn't dare try to pass me again. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
i'm trying to figure when that time will be for me to take on another car. LoL right now all I can take are those grannies on their walkers. They always seem to pull on me.......:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts