Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
370 Posts
ah fuck i'm going truck shopping now maybe i'll pick up a lifter pathfinder

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
boost_boy said:
They sell all their asses electrical components;) I think they are very smart! And true indeed, forget about that timing belt or don't change the tensioner when changing the belt and you are in for an expensive engine failure.
Been there, done that:rolleyes: As for their electrical components, they are pretty much junks. Example their MAF and ECU's. All problems with their cars can relate back to a electrical system malfuntion. Can't seem to figure out why companies still buy their shit. BTW, their TV's are pretty good. My family had one that lasted 15 years. I split it apart, and voula, Mitsu Electronics everywhere.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
No, your misunderstanding a bit. I was surprised. Thats the best TV weve ever had. If I could, I'd get another. I just think the elctronics in their car should be up to par as with their other electronic appliances.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Actuall, the electronics aren't so bad, it's just where the positioned them. That catch all the moisture from the AC which eventually causes you some grief. I had an alternator that pumped out 25+ volts and you can hear my ecu scream before whatever it was in there blew up and smoked out the car. So I got another ECU and it did the same thing. So I got a 3rd ecu and quickly tested the voltage at the battery and it was 25volts at idle and when you step on the gas 25, 28, 33, 37 etc,etc. that explains why the car didn't burn it's ecu at idle, but the minute I took the car for a test spin "Pooooof".

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Here is another example of their bad electronics/placement. It is most common in the 1st generation AWD turbos. The main wiring harness actually starts melting, and it either catches fire or gets hot enough to causes the fuel return line right by it to ignite. Bye Bye car. There have been several guys at dsmtalk.com to loose their car like this.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Just as the crankwalk issue with the 2nd gen cars with 7 bolt motor and the timing belt auto tensioners, there wasn't enough proof to justify recalling all of those cars. I has been tried several times. Mitsu still won't institute a recall.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Like i posted, mitsubishi's problems all begin with the one thing that generates and regulates the power "the Alternator". My Elantra used to melt wires and knock out the Alternator. I did a fix to that and no fuss within the last two years.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The wires that burn have to do with the power transistor unit.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Mine was the alternator wires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
tsi200sx said:
I have several acquaintences with current-generation (95 and up) Cavaliers. Nothing but problems with virtually every part of the car you can think of from the engine to the body to the interior. Poor engineering, shoddy workmanship, plain and simple. Typical of current GM products. Almost everyone I know who owns a late-model GM, be it a Pontiac Grand Prix or a Chevy S10, has had huge problems with it. Their automatic transmissions are particularly awful.

Thanks for the comment on my car. Yeah, the V6 model is pretty rare, they only made it in 87 and 88, about 5000 cars each year, offered in the U.S. market only. Canada didn't even get them. I have a pretty extensive website devoted to the 200SX SE V6, the link is in my sig.

my neighbor has a 2 speed powerglide attached to 468 big block in a 73 vega that runs 9s and his dad has a 67 gto with the same set up that runs 11sand they dont have any problems with them.i myself has had plenty of turbo 350s and 400s and a 200r4 and never had any problems out of them

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
nissan_lover_fla_954 said:
**** all these other cars its all about SKYLINES!!!~!!!!!!!!!
Can I please bitch slap the newbie??? What the hell is he talking about. I take it is that all other cars besides Skylines don't matter.

BTW, the DSM's are the power transister wires. Your alternator problem seems rather odd. Alterantor wires, man, what a weird problem.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
nissan_lover_fla_954 said:
**** all these other cars its all about SKYLINES!!!~!!!!!!!!!
SLAP!!!

Why is he talking about his adventures on his PS2? Did I miss something here???:confused:

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
my neighbor has a 2 speed powerglide attached to 468 big block in a 73 vega that runs 9s and his dad has a 67 gto with the same set up that runs 11sand they dont have any problems with them.i myself has had plenty of turbo 350s and 400s and a 200r4 and never had any problems out of them
I said current GM Products. Though the Vega was voted one of the Worst Cars of the 20th Century by CarTalk listeners.

·
Registered
80 Posts
tsi200sx said:
I said current GM Products. Though the Vega was voted one of the Worst Cars of the 20th Century by CarTalk listeners.
i have several friends who has late model chevys and they have had no problems out of them (engine or tranny).the only time i can remember any of them taking their cars to the shop was in a ford truck the cfab came loose from the frame.my neighbors vega is ugly but you ought to here it run

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
<tsi200sx> is referring to newer chevys, mainly the 4 and 6 cylinder vehicles that are FWD, i.e.> Cavaliers, Sunfires. In general, GM seems so rely on "Product Obsolesence". Make um to break, so you can make more money, or people buy newer stuff. Most Americans don't know this process has been used since post-WWII. It's how we keep revenu up for auto makers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
oh ok everyone i know mnows that imports make better 4 cylinders. come to think of it in the crowd i run with i am the only one with an import but they dont give me any shit about it they give respect where it is due

81 - 100 of 110 Posts